WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw this watch and immediately fell in love! Seiko Recraft SNKN41. I found it new on eBay and since I have such poor luck with watches I also purchased the warranty that was offered. I realize I warranties are usually a waste of money, but with my luck with watches I figured I'd buy it anyway. Most of my watches have never lasted longer than a year. I purchased a Seiko 7002 from a highly recommended on this forum eBay seller from the Philippines who refurbishes watches and it didn't last a year before it stopped running. Other watches I purchased in the past brand-new have seldom lasted longer than two years. The only exception so far is my Marathon.

So here's the watch I just bought. My only disappointment is I wanted a leather band so I guess I'll have to buy one. Does anyone here know which size leather band I would need. I want one in brown calfskin with a crocodile print - any suggestions for good brands?

Watch Blue Product Cobalt blue Analog watch

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
For the watch band-- you'd need to measure the width of the lugs. I think most of those models are 22 or 24mm, but you'd have to check.

I'd spend the $5-10 for a basic strap change tool to make things easier and look at Panatime and Crown and Buckle for straps, as well as Hadley Roma or maybe Hirsch branded from somewhere else (Amazon or whomever-- those are kind of the 'standard' brands so carried by lots of folks.)

Beyond that, there's a world of straps out there. Leather just won't last forever, but as long as you're spending a reasonable amount from a trusted vendor (and not $1.49 on eBay) it's probably going to be fine.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Amazon says your watch is 22mm width. For future reference if you print this chart: http://www.kohls.com/media/digital/pdf/Kohls-watch-band-sizing-guide-2013.pdf You should be able to tell easily.

I'd recommend a Hadley-Roma. My Seiko 5 has one on calfskin with a gator print. It's actually a women's strap, but I needed the gold buckle to match the gold tone indices. Actually like it a whole lot, it's tapered to 16mm but not linearly.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Tan

·
Premium Member
7,020 Posts
Congratulations! It's a beaut. Love the blue dial and the contrasting indices. And even though it's 44mm wide, it's got a pretty small lug-to-lug. It'll be great to see pictures of it on your wrist. :)

This site says the lug width is 22mm:
Vintage Style Seiko - SNKN41K | Yeoman's Watch Review

There are lots of places to look for a strap; crown & buckle or Hirsch, Di-Modell, Spiedel, Hadley-Roma (all sold by many outlets), I'm sure many others will give recommendations.
But for value for dollar, I've had really good luck with Morellato straps. They usually feel pretty quality, but at the lower end of the price range.
Here are a couple of options, sold by Milano Watch Bands in the $20-25 rane (I've used them before, they seem fine.)
Morellato - Milano WatchBands

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Nice watch, but what are you doing to kill your watches. You do know you can't use a jackhammer while wearing a mechanical watch, right?
ROFLMAO! I have know idea they just stop working and for those that are quartz once I have new battery put in them they don't keep time. As for the one mechanical I have it just quit and wouldn't wind any longer. I'd like to take it (Seiko 7002) to watch repair, but I don't know any I can trust and I'm concerned that it won't be watertight anymore.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
When I saw the word "Minimalism" this was the first watch I thought of.
That is still a very nice Seiko though!
Watch Analog watch Black White Watch accessory

1 - 10 of 10 Posts