WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another Girard-Perregaux cal 35* quartz. I purchased this one before the stainless steel version I showed a week or so back. I wasn't too confident that it would appear, but here it is.

I must say, the design is a little...well, ugly really. But its a cool piece with great history, maybe a nice leather strap will improve its looks. Price wise, compared to my 354 model, it was pretty cheap too, at just $200. But I can't see it getting huge amounts of wear - no biggie as the history behind it is what made me want it in the first place.

I'm going to send it off to GP at some point in the future so that its authenticity can be guaranteed without a doubt, but it looks genuine to me. Also, the seconds hand is a little off, which I'll get a watchmaker to rectify.

Thanks for looking!

Alex:-!

P.S sorry for the crap pictures.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I'm glad it finally came through. Frankly, I agree with your assessment -- the one you bought later (but got earlier) is a nicer looker. (It's always amazing to me how the smallest details can make a big difference.) Both very nice bits of history, though. :-!

·
Registered
283 Posts
That is well funky...

I'd wear that, it's PDC. (PD cool). A rubber or stingray strap would complement that one nicely. Congratulations on the find. Wear that sucker, it's retro cool.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts