WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I was wondering if these were decent watches. I have a bid on one now *broke my no more promise*. They claim they are swiss made and has a water resistance of 200m. I was wondering if these are really "swiss made" and if they are overall good budget watches?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Yes, they are Swiss made. "Swiss Military" is Wenger's budget line. For one thing I would check to make sure the bracelet is solid S/S. I have seen Swiss Military models with links of S/S plating over base metal. <|

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
In my opinion, Zodiac and Wenger are two good buys in Swiss Made watches at 'Affordable' prices. Of the two, Zodiac has much better metal bracelets and in my opinion more of a selection of interesting watches. :-! By the way, I have that Wenger in a different color, thats the bracelet to which I was refering in that it is light weight.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Yes, they are excellent watches. Wenger was one of 2 companies authorized bt the Swiss to manufacture under the Swiss Army "brand". The other is Victorinox, which, now owns Wenger!

Both their Quartz and Mechanicals are very fine machines!:-!

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In my opinion, Zodiac and Wenger are two good buys in Swiss Made watches at 'Affordable' prices. Of the two, Zodiac has much better metal bracelets and in my opinion more of a selection of interesting watches. :-! By the way, I have that Wenger in a different color, thats the bracelet to which I was refering in that it is light weight.
Yeah, I don't expect too much from a watch if I get it for $30. I believe that it would make a great beater and probably be as accurate if not more so than my other watches. If I don't like the bracelet I can get a solid SS for 15-20 I imagine. Heck even my Seiko 5's have folded metal bracelets and I paid more than 30 for those :-|.

Happy New Years Eve!!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Absolutely!
The quartz Zodiacs are really cool, comfortable, fun, built well, but so-so lume. They're incredible values when you get them in the Fossil outlets.

Attachments

·
Registered
920 Posts
My Wife has a Wenger she had before I started collecting. In research I found that Wenger is the Swiss Army knife company. If you buy a "real" Swiss Army knife it is a Wenger. I have the Swiss Army watchmakers knife and it is a Wenger. As stated by someone else, I believe they are Swiss Army. In regards to the watches. My Wife's is a quartz model and is a very nice watch with a nice weight to it. It does not come across as a cheap watch at all.

Smurfe :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts