WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i tried it on, a true beauty, classic, timeless, the new case design is excellent, and i was just about to take my hard earned $7,200 to pay for it but...

my wife was looking at other Rolex and she called me and ask me to try another watch on, and it was a Deepsea, right away i was blown away!

compared both, tried both but the DS was just to nice and looked excellent on my wrist.

i sold my Daytona cuz of the size, the new Sub looked nice but not as nice as the Deepsea.

since it came out i desired it but reading reviews saying that it was pig-ugly, uncomfortable, too heavy, the ring inside the dial, too thick blah blah blah so i let it pass

but let me tell you that this watch is a beauty, is very comfortable, its not that heavy [feels less heavy than my Aquaracer 500M] and yes is thick but thats nice, the ring in the dial is almost invisible, it doesn't pop at you, after all it feels and looks superbly on my wrist!

if i could add something on this watch is a anti-reflective inner coating cuz the domed crystal reflects too much.

my advise: dont let others opinion make a desition for you, go and try it on, its a superb timepiece!

now i know i'm wearing a watch!

comments!

·
Banned
196 Posts
The new ceramic sub is a perfect example of rolex doing an "Lets F-up a perfectly timeless watch" ...

The DSSD is awesome .... the SD had its time and moment but any day, the DSSD will blow the SD out of the ocean ....the SD did its job well and established a great reputation for itself BUT te DSSD will take the torch from here on ... the time/era of the SD has come to an end....

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
wilfreb,

First, congratulations on selecting an awsum wife :) The fact that she was totally on board with the purchase is great. Very cool of her. And congratulations on slecting a superb watch. Funny how the DSSD has garnered a lot of criticism, but not from anyone that owns one. The pics lookk wonderful. Use it well.

Regards,
Scott

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Congratulations! Looks great on you, and I suspect that over time you will see far fewer DSSDs in the wild than Sub Cs, making your watch a bit more uniqe to you.

Jeannie

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
congrats on the DSSD! I've bought and sold two. I anticipate I will own a third very soon. I miss it already. Enough of my sob story. Wear it often and in good health.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Just curious whats your wrist size?

Congrats and enjoy your new DSSD!!

·
6,880 Posts
Looks great! The DSSD is currently in the lead to be my next purchase.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Congratulations!

Well done, sir! |>

Yup, this is a watch that one definitely needs to see in person and try on before they make up their mind about it. What the pics don't show is how the writing on the rehaut fades to nothing in the real world, and how the taper of the bracelet actually sort of works in a strange way. Yes, it's a big watch, but it's not obnoxiously so, and unlike other monsters lurking out there, this one uses every millimeter to further its case as the deepest diving serial production automatic on the market. And if we move away from the issues of size and "Gas Escape Valves", there's the wonderful domed crystal and the vintagesque matte dial to drool over.

Anyway, all I know is that I had one on for about ten minutes, after which each and every one of my dearly held reservations faded to nothing. And now? Well, now it's one of my favorite watches.;-)

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
626 Posts
Welcome to the club :-!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have to say, once I tried it on I had no choice but to buy one. Had it for a bit over 6 months before flipping it. It is a monster watch, but I kind of regret selling it.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
looks great on you wilfreb, looks like you made the right choice!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Major congrats. Looks super nice on your wrist :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
A BIG congrats - not just for owning a Rolex, but for having "the guts" to make a last minute, almost "impulse" change of mind - clearly for the better!

It's easy to get sidelined and blinkered into a single watch, and I'm pleased you have such an astute wife!!

I LOVE the new ceramic / maxi-case look (I know a lot dont), and I'd love a new style sub or deepsea, but for me it's the Milgauss GV next!

·
Registered
559 Posts
This is funny. I had that exact watch on last night at my AD. They wanted $9200 with 5% off. What did you pay for it? I kind of thought it was too chunky but my wife said it looked better on me. I'm a big guy and she said that the SUB was too small. Might just go back and grab it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
You should be able to do better than 5% off on that one, I' guessing at least 10-15% off as it is a rather unique watch and not a big seller. Otherwise, I'd buy one here on TRF from a trusted seller LNIB for $7,200.

There are a lot of people with big connections that get +20% off so they'll pass that on to you.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts