WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18,167 Posts
Nice dial and crystal. This must have been one of their higher end watches due to the case numbering and dial.

While the crystal fits the watch I wonder if it is original. I assume it is a high acrylic and would be relatively rare in the latter 50's and earlier 60's when the movement was in use by makers... (assuming your movement id is correct :)).

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice dial and crystal. This must have been one of their higher end watches due to the case numbering and dial.

While the crystal fits the watch I wonder if it is original. I assume it is a high acrylic and would be relatively rare in the latter 50's and earlier 60's when the movement was in use by makers... (assuming your movement id is correct :)).
Thanks.. I came by the movement ID as found 64 just next to the balance wheel and did the search for that number..

As for age.. advertised as 60s and I have to assume the possibility and likelihood of a new crystal.. so maybe early 60s then..

Cheers

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,631 Posts
That is one if their modern cases - the development of the Taubert design that they used for decades. Makes it much harder to date but could even be newer than the sixties as you can still buy that case design as NOS on eBay.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
That case design has been in use since the 1950s, afaik. The crystal should be a rounded one, actually, continuing the line of the case:

(Sorry, I have no better shot but I hope it becomes clear what I mean.)

Best,
Tomcat

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies...

The minute hand was damaged and not staying attached so it was off to the watchmaker.. He found some nice hands to suit..

Not a second hand though.. so I found a steel one and this is my first attempt at bluing a hand.. late evening lighting unfortunately, but you get the idea..

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts