WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys. What you think about it? I really like the dial and the watch seems to be in good condition. It's a Secundus 15 jewels. seems like 30 - 40s to me. Is it a trench watch? Unfortunately is over my budget and I don't know much about West end co..therefore I don't know if is just a random 20$ piece or something you would want to have in your collection. Sorry about the blurry pics

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
West End is a very collectable brand. Lots of posts in here if you look - e.g. https://www.watchuseek.com/f11/west-end-watch-co-three-interesting-watches-641416.html
https://www.watchuseek.com/f71/west-end-watch-co-160675.html

Basically, a Swiss brand which concentrated very much on marketing to India they used movements from a number of makers including Longines. Wesr End ad.JPG

As most of their watches went to India, some appear on the market in a poor condition or badly redialled. Also note that many of their watches were rather small by today's standards. They can be a bit tricky to date as they kept model names for decades and continued to use 'old fashioned' dial designs long after other companies were chasing the latest trends.

BTW, that watch - which is on ebay - is tiny at 24mm across.

Still around West End Watch Co.

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
That is a very nice example watch, worth owning.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I really like it a lot and I would love to see it on my wrist. That thread was very helpful. And about the size, I know some of them used to be quite small.it s fine with me as I have a small wrist anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately the watch went for £71 almost double the I bided. I will be looking for a similar in the future. For now I am planning my winter vacation. Was too much for my modest budget

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Richter. Just for curiosity, is that an average price for which these type of watches go?

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Hi there,

£71 for what sounds like a ladies trench style wrist watch seems high! I would guess the size was not picked up by the winner.

I have sold (in the last 6 - 12 months) a 9ct gold version of that watch for less if memory
serves correct... Which I think dated to the 30s (would need to check my photos when at my laptop).

Unless the market in these has picked up in the last few months, I think with an eagle eye and patients you could find a better buy in a bigger size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Much appreciated. Well my bid was 30 quid. I would have probably gone for 40 - 45 if indeed the size was bigger. For me is not an issue however I would like to pay accordingly. So I decided to keep looking. There were also a few others spinning around 40~ but unmarked ceramic dial
Hi there,

£71 for what sounds like a ladies trench style wrist watch seems high! I would guess the size was not picked up by the winner.

I have sold (in the last 6 - 12 months) a 9ct gold version of that watch for less if memory
serves correct... Which I think dated to the 30s (would need to check my photos when at my laptop).

Unless the market in these has picked up in the last few months, I think with an eagle eye and patients you could find a better buy in a bigger size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

1 - 9 of 9 Posts