WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am a newbie here and best wishes to every one! I encountered a vintage West End Sowar Prima watch in the internet but the movement was engraved with the word Favre Leuba. I asked the seller and he/she replied that in the past West End and Favre Leuba used to share the movement, as did Favre Leuba and Zenith. I am skeptical on this but anyway that is not an expensive watch and I think Favre Leuba movement is not bad. Can any one here enlighten me if the explanation from the seller is true or not? Thank you in advance for your help.         

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
I don't know for sure, but its certainly possible. See this thread https://www.watchuseek.com/f11/west-end-watch-co-three-interesting-watches-641416.html which includes this statement from the company themselves: West End Watch was purchasing watches bearing its brand name from several historical brands (such as Longines, Cyma, Tissot, Mido, Omega, IWC, Aubry, etc.)

However, it is also possible that the movement and the rest of the watch were put together fairly recently. Both brands were big in India.

Maybe someone else knows more than I do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts