WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Something tells me it didn't update very often sitting in that case at Walmart for the last few months (years?).
If the watch was never setup with one of the cities in US as the Home City, it will never sync. Most Gs are shipped still pointing to TYO. You know how Walmart is, hardly anyone works at the jewelry and watches counter. Even if there is, nobody would care to setup the watches. Great "steal" by the way. ;)

Reactions: ugawino

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm going to try this tonight, i was also wondering if the metal/resin bracelet across the back case of my 5600 would hinder it.
On World Time (in Spain), so presumably received from German transmitter. Face down with composite bracelet covering the case, six feet from window. Worked just fine.

·
Registered
756 Posts
This is the only method that has ever worked for me. I started appreciating MB6 again since @gartner has shared his wisdom :) , I gave up on it years ago. This is of course useful for people who are having trouble receiving the signal, it obviously doesn't matter how you position your watch, if you have great reception..

Reactions: Watch_Geekmaster

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
If the watch was never setup with one of the cities in US as the Home City, it will never sync. Most Gs are shipped still pointing to TYO. You know how Walmart is, hardly anyone works at the jewelry and watches counter. Even if there is, nobody would care to setup the watches. Great "steal" by the way. ;)
When I got it, the time was off by an hour and a few minutes. I quickly determined it was set on NYC time. Changed it to CHI and it fixed the hour. Then it synced the first night and fixed the two minutes or so.

It's within a second of my phone/watch now so I'm pretty happy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My home is Colorado, so that doesn't count. :) But I've been heading back east by motorcycle for much of the past week to visit my brother in New Hampshire. I noticed today that my GWG-1000 and PRX-8025 hadn't synced in few days. Simply placing them in front of the hotel window here in Albany, NY got 'em synced back up. Not a big deal, so far!

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Wow, where did you find that?! I had seen the GWM500 sold for $60 new online before, but never this cheap. Not to mention it's the blue bezel version!
Ah, you did not know about the $25 Walmart GWM-500A? Late last year Wally World started marking those models down to $25. I got 2 of them early this year.

I am surprised that he found one still, I thought the GWM-500A were all gone from walmart now.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Stupid question but what about watches on bracelets? Would the bracelet covering the backplate affect signal reception?
My Citizen has not synced well ever since I replaced the capacitor, and I have found that leaving it to fail a few times per night just drains the battery faster so I just leave it in A/T and adjust it once a month.

I tried this last night and lo and behold I actually got a low signal. It also put me out by an hour and I had to adjust DST to get it proper. Did not realize this until the afternoon as end of work was approaching LOL.

I'm assuming my 5610 updates every night even sitting in the case with the others, or it could just be so accurate that it's not syncing but I don't notice that it has deviated.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts