WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
I started working from in March and by April I started looking at watches. That's when I first purchased first "expensive" watch, a Monta Triumph. That lasted about 2 weeks and figured I should just get the watch I really wanted, a Rolex Explorer 1. About a month later I somehow I talked myself into saying I really need a blue diver to go along with it as black doesn't go with everything. In the span of like 2 months I now have a Omega Planet Ocean. SMH.

Hey, at least I believe I may have my 2 watch collection! This combination seems to be versatile enough for any occasion.

View attachment 15341259 View attachment 15341261 View attachment 15341262
Geez almost exact same thing happened to me. Started browsing watches in March and got a Speedmaster as my first watch. Didn't really "feel right" and have been searching for a good condition Explorer 1 F serial since then...

As I have not yet found an Explorer that fits the bill, have picked up a skyfall aqua terra and reverso in the interim... truly this hobby is a money pit. I'm hoping this quest will end after I find the perfect Explorer

Good time to buy a 8 slot watch box and then start the strictly one out one in regimine that I definitely should have adopted.

So slow down and enjoy what you have, which are great watches by the way.
Or say screw it and if you see something else you like more, flip and acquire. Agree with the watch box with # of slots that sets a limit.

Either way, been there myself. Started with a Tudor, Nomos, IWC, moved quickly into Rolex, etc etc. First 18 months was maybe 22 watches, then next 18 months was 6. I will say I still own my Exp1 today, so great choice!

Yup. About 2 weeks working from home and suddenly I had a Sub appear at my door.

No regrets, life is short.

Since about 2 weeks after that I've been spending a lot of time researching dress watches... it never ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.