WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s a 14060m from 2004. It have some smudge/tarnish on the second and minute hand. And there’s a black small line look like a scratch in the triangle lume at 12. Did an inexperienced watchmaker damaged or is this PATINA
16EA147D-D78F-4958-9E65-09F92728FDB3.jpeg

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
Sorry Baby J, there is no such thing as patina on a 2004 Submariner.

That's sloppy watchmaking or a watch pulled together from the parts bin. If you are thinking of buying it, I'd pass. There are pristine versions out there at very reasonable prices, no need to settle.

Reactions: 5959HH

·
Registered
455 Posts
Sweet, sweet baby *****. Sweet little baby *****. That watch definitely looks a bit off somehow. Find another example.

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
The endlink fitting is a bit loose too (most noticeable at the upper right lug). I wonder if the watch is even real?

·
Registered
699 Posts
That's an aggressively bad fake. The pearl is supposed to sit entirely within the bezel, with the outer edge of the circle just meeting the outer lines of the triangle. That's, well, that's just a travesty of a watch right there.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The endlink fitting is a bit loose to (most noticeable at the upper right lug). I wonder if the watch is even real?
I’m pretty sure Is not a fake. The watch is located in a very well know jewelry shop here Las Vegas. Papers and box. I think Sportura is right about the sloppy watchmaking though. That’s the only thing that make sense.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The endlink fitting is a bit loose to (most noticeable at the upper right lug). I wonder if the watch is even real?
I’m pretty sure Is not a fake. The watch is located in a very well know jewelry shop here Las Vegas. Papers and box. I think Sportura is right about the sloppy watchmaking though. That’s the only thing that make sense.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
why are the hands a different color than the dial

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
why are the hands a different color than the dial
And they have some kind of tarnish/smudge. I was planing to offer 5K to buy it but now after all the comments I just goin to walk away thank guys.

The hands are white gold, how did get tarnish like that?

They offer 1 year warranty and 7 days money back. I was planing to take it to a Rolex AD and get it check out. Anyway there’s too many red flags

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
That's an aggressively bad fake. The pearl is supposed to sit entirely within the bezel, with the outer edge of the circle just meeting the outer lines of the triangle. That's, well, that's just a travesty of a watch right there.
Also it's hard to tell from only one photo, but the ROLEX engraving on the rehaut appears to be missing.

1. The pearl frame overhangs the triangle on an authentic 14060.

2. The rehaut engraving happened on later models, it is consistent with a 2004 example. 2007 to 2009 were the transitional years.

Some photos for reference: https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/two-watch-collection-rolex-submariner-piaget-12103

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

1. The pearl frame overhangs the triangle on an authentic 14060.

2. The rehaut engraving happened on later models, it is consistent with a 2004 example. 2007 to 2009 were the transitional years.

Some photos for reference: https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/two-watch-collection-rolex-submariner-piaget-12103
Sportura, you are one of the few guys here that know your stuff. There’s a lot of arm-chair experts around here that immediately call everything they see a fake. Anyway I pass on the watch. If I send that watch to rsc in Dallas for service and new dial and set of hands I’m looking at probably 2k!!! Is just not worth it.

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
Sportura, you are one of the few guys here that know your stuff. There’s a lot of arm-chair experts around here that immediately call everything they see a fake. Anyway I pass on the watch. If I send that watch to rsc in Dallas for service and new dial and set of hands I’m looking at probably 2k!!! Is just not worth it.
Good move Baby *****.

This link will tell you what the market currently is for a 14060. Seeing that you were going to offer $5K which is below market value, to save money find one from a reputable seller but without box and papers, it's probably the only way you'll come close to that dollar amount:

https://www.watchrecon.com/?query=14060&last_days=0

Watchrecon is an aggregator that shows all the listings currently in the major discussion forums, most from top-notch sellers with strong references, far better than strolling into a jewelry store in Vegas.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts