WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies first - I don’t really have any interesting news to share right now, but my thought process was as follows:

There’s a similarly named thread on the Aquastar subforum and it has the merit of centralizing all rumors and small-talk about possible new releases.

In contrast, for Doxa, these discussions seem to be a little bit scattered left and right. So I felt that a thread like the present one might come in handy…

Concluding with a pic stolen from @Flyingdoctor re. the next upcoming watch event involving Doxa:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
EDIT - Moving my own last contribution over here:
Not holding my breath on novelties, though. A steel Army (in PVD/DLC) at 2k (2.5k in titanium) might well be the only thing I deem realistic. Actually, it would make a lot of sense now that the Synchron Military's release is off most people's mind and its used prices are rather silly.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
I'd be really surprised if there wasn't a steel version of the Army. If so, for me, pricing will be the key. Synchron got it right and sold 500 in a very quick time. Maranez have their version with almost as many colours as the Doxa colour range and Seestern have a cut price version for less than 200 Dollars. If the price is $1,499 then I do think that it could tempt people to sell their Synchron and get the Doxa version or Maranez / Seestern to upgrade. But anything above $2,000 and it could be dead in the water.

The Army is a Doxa but it's a bit of an anomaly for a company that historically is a dive watch pioneer. And those days are behind it, the world has changed and Doxa have moved to being more of a fashion brand so maybe there will also be something really new as well.

The 200 is based on a pre SUB dive watch. The C-Graph is a complete moment of insanity as far as I'm concerned. The jelly bean / skittles colours? yea why not? Other watch companies are going down that route and if Rolex can stick a Domino's Pizza symbol on a dial, a white dial Doxa is positively an art form by comparison :)

So, could there be another out of the blue design? Definitely a possibility as there is only so many Dive watch designs in the historical catalog that Doxa has and they have pretty much used them all up and in just about every colour by now - well, except green :) and the design I have for a new SUB which would be a gobsmacker.... :cool:

Of course, there is a very, very small chance that a Cussler SUB could appear, but I seriously doubt that.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'd be really surprised if there wasn't a steel version of the Army. If so, for me, pricing will be the key. Synchron got it right and sold 500 in a very quick time. Maranez have their version with almost as many colours as the Doxa colour range and Seestern have a cut price version for less than 200 Dollars. If the price is $1,499 then I do think that it could tempt people to sell their Synchron and get the Doxa version or Marenez / Seestern to upgrade. But anything above $2,000 and it could be dead in the water.

The Army is a Doxa but it's a bit of an anomaly for a company that historically is a dive watch pioneer. And those days are behind it, the world has changed and Doxa have moved to being more of a fashion brand so maybe there will also be something really new as well.

The 200 is based on a pre SUB dive watch. The C-Graph is a complete moment of insanity as far as I'm concerned. The jelly bean / skittles colours? yea why not? Other watch companies are going down that route and if Rolex can stick a Domino's Pizza symbol on a dial, a white dial Doxa is positively an art form by comparison :)

So, could there be another out of the blue design? Definitely a possibility as there is only so many Dive watch designs in the historical catalog that Doxa has and they have pretty much used them all up and in just about every colour by now - well, except green :) and the design I have for a new SUB which would be a gobsmacker.... :cool:

Of course, there is a very, very small chance that a Cussler SUB could appear, but I seriously doubt that.

I actually disagree slightly in that I think a >2000 USD Army would sell totally fine. Not that much more, but a 2000-2500 USD Army? Yeah I think that would play.

Respectfully, as for the the influence of Marenez / Seestern… well, I think there’s some Watch Forum-exaggeration occurring.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I’d love to see a new GMT, sized in line with the 300T, available in the full current range of colors. Reasonably-sized Aquamarine, Searambler, or Whitepearl GMTs would be a fun evolution of the old 750T GMT.

·
Registered
238 Posts
For me, the present Doxa line up covers almost all of the historical Subs, except one: the Aubry 300/750 case (that is almost identical to the Synchron Army, very well balanced). So maybe they could achieve the collection with this one on ceramic bezel. But I doubt it will be that.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’d love to see a new GMT, sized in line with the 300T, available in the full current range of colors. Reasonably-sized Aquamarine, Searambler, or Whitepearl GMTs would be a fun evolution of the old 750T GMT.
A reissue of a multi-colored GMT is a wonderful idea - I forgot about these… In addition, the reduced height of the ETA/Sellita GMT caliber might make it possible to fit these into the 300 Non-T’s case. That said, I’d personally prefer these with a flat sapphire for better legibility.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I was lucky enough to get one of the limited edition ceramic Army Doxas. I bought it from my AD at retail and yes I think I overpaid for it. There was a lot of hype around it, so I think it would make sense for Doxa to make a more affordable, steel version of the watch. A thinner sub 200 C graph would be nice. I’m currently selling my new Caribbean because it’s too thick. I’d also like to see some improved clasps. I like the functionality of the current clasps but they could be nicer quality.

·
Registered
607 Posts
That is the best idea!! I would throw my credit card at it if the price wasn’t nuts!!!! Would become an incredible travel watch - particularly if they hold the 300M+WR!!! …. And keep the ratchet clasp!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
That is the best idea!! I would throw my credit card at it if the price wasn’t nuts!!!! Would become an incredible travel watch - particularly if they hold the 300M+WR!!! …. And keep the ratchet clasp!
That would be a cool travel / dive watch. I’d lose the dual crown mechanism of the old 750 and just keep the scale on the rehaut non-rotating. I don’t need to track 3 time zones. Two is hard enough.

The only thing is Mido offers a pretty decent competitive offering in this space, and Swatch has that “jump hour” GMT movement found in their Mido, Certina, and Alpina lines.

I’ve had great luck with the accuracy in my ETA 2893-2 watches, but that jump hour movement is a really nice feature for the frequent traveler.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts