WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an automatic that weighs about 180g, with stainless steel bracelet. As much as I love the look, I just cannot stand the weight in my wrist. How about you?

·
Premium Member
8,207 Posts
Don't have it anymore, but I once owned an NFW Viperfish dive watch on bracelet. It tipped the scales at about 400 grams (maybe even a little more) I might as well have strapped a brick to my wrist! :-d:-d Cool watch, but c'mon.

I'm sure I still own at least one Invicta that's 350+. Don't wear it anymore.

However, I do have and wear divers in the 220 gram range. That's some noticeable weight, but one gets used to it quickly. I don't find them to be too heavy at all.

So I LAUGH (yes, laugh) at anyone who says any 160 or 170-gram gshock is heavy. ;-):-d:-d It's all relative.

The Viperfish was a monster!! All stainless steel.

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 9.08.27 PM.png

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
The Citizen ecozilla on rubber strap is approx 400 grams and just silly thick. That said, I can’t bring myself to part with the ones I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
542 Posts
I've got a Seiko SUN019 that is about 220 grams with adjusted bracelet.
It gave me elbow trouble, so i went for something a bit less heavy.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I LAUGH (yes, laugh) at anyone who says any 160 or 170-gram gshock is heavy. ;-):-d:-d It's all relative.
It’s not so much about the weight itself, more that it either slides up and down too much, or I need to wear it so tight that it’s uncomfortable.

·
Registered
20,470 Posts
The Citizen ecozilla on rubber strap is approx 400 grams and just silly thick. That said, I can’t bring myself to part with the ones I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steel on a rubber is 220 gms, titanium is 170 gms (Citizen stats)

Reactions: Time4Playnow

·
Registered
542 Posts
It’s not so much about the weight itself, more that it either slides up and down too much, or I need to wear it so tight that it’s uncomfortable.
That's my experience too, the quite rigid PU straps that are attached at a barely moving angle to the case like those heavy watches like the frogman do make it more comfortable to wear than a same weight watch on a much more flexible bracelet.

·
Registered
411 Posts
This one with steel bracelet weights 308gr.
How it can be heavier on a rubber strap?
I'll have to weigh them again. I was actually so astonished how heavy they were on the postal scale at the office that I even posted on instagram about how silly it was. I have a couple scales there, I'll check on both

I’ll be kind of bummed the weights are off. The old Pitney Bowes postage meter I used was returned, and if the weights are different on the new FP meter it means we were getting hosed on postage for a while.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'll have to weigh them again. I was actually so astonished how heavy they were on the postal scale at the office that I even posted on instagram about how silly it was. I have a couple scales there, I'll check on both

I’ll be kind of bummed the weights are off. The old Pitney Bowes postage meter I used was returned, and if the weights are different on the new FP meter it means we were getting hosed on postage for a while.
It might be a non intended mistake with the scales.

Those postmen...
It was awfully when the parcel was simply vanished between 2 sorting centers. And guess what? It was my first zilla. I had to order another one (on upper photo), +40$ above the initial price just a couple of months later.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts