WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To parallel threads from other forums. I love any thread where I can see a range of watches and get ideas.

I have a love of Raketa 24-hr watches running the 2623.h movement. I have a World Time as well. But this is the watch on the long trek from Russia now!

image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
791 Posts
Sky SOLUNAR
$_57~9.jpg

Can not tell you much more about the watch now, the single arrow indicates the hours and apparently the display will show sunset and sun rise, moon,....
As per the vendor the battery is flat. Just hope I can get it to work, don't think there is an user manual included...

Dirk

·
Registered
791 Posts
:)
Afka, you're Ace! I had found and downloaded the Yes user manuals hoping they would be similar. But this is top!!

Looking forward to the watch, I bought it on a whim. got a few other 24 hrs in the collection (yema, Raketa) but this beats them hand over in quirkiness. Not sure that it will get much wrist time, but as I travel a lot you never know!

A friend is hand carrying it for me from US on Thursday.

Thanks again
Dirk

·
Registered
641 Posts
Good find! Where you find it? These Poljot International Polar watches are very little known. Poljot made them with different dials - white, black etc. When I got it from ebay some time ago I was surprised, never knew that this series existed at all.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Good find! Where you find it? These Poljot International Polar watches are very little known. Poljot made them with different dials - white, black etc. When I got it from ebay some time ago I was surprised, never knew that this series existed at all.
Found it on eBay.it. I found this picture years ago of one, and I've been waiting ever since to find one. This is the first time I've seen one for sale. It doesn't have the same minute markings, and I prefer these to the one I'm buying, but who knows how long I'd have to wait to find it!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Nice guilloché dial. One of the best in Polar Bear series. As you can see on revived André's page ( Poljot International Polar Bear ) there are 3 white and 4 black dial versions.
Yes, that particular dial is my favorite of all of them. Second choice would either be the black dial with the white ring or the black dial with chrome indicators on the far right in that line-up, but I don't think I would have bought either of those. At any rate, I've really been wanting a nice white dial 24 hour watch, and while I like the Hamilton chrono I just got a couple months ago, it's rather subtle in nature. I want something that commands a little more attention. I do believe this will be the one to do that.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I always wanted Swatch 24h movement but the cost was rather high on Bay and otherwise. So I was quite chuffed to score Swatch Index complete with box for $21. ^^
Maybe it's not pristine example but for the price I can't really complain. :p

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ugh, I have to stop surfing eBay for 24 hour watches. Now I have one of these on the way.

It's really weird to me that the minute ring can be moved on this watch. I hope it's tight enough that it'll stay in place. The second time zone ring on my other Raketa is really loose and moves around a lot.

·
Registered
641 Posts
This green Raketa Polar is a good watch. Polar's blue version is more common, green one is harder to find. Raketa Polar is very uncommon for Raketa - the dial is from plastic and you can see movement through the dial.

You can use the minute ring as normal count-up bezel you see on most diver watches. Set the zero marker opposite to minute hand and read the elapsed time.

·
Registered
195 Posts
after I got myself Poljot Aviator 24h watch I limited myself to non-Russian 24h watch which has been kind to my wallet. :p
This is only my second Raketa. I more or less wrote them off after my first one since most of the ones on eBay are fakes. I don't have anything against Russian 24 hour watches. I really enjoy my Sturmanskie Arctic, and I can't wait to get my Poljot Polar Bear. Russia seems to make more 24 hour watches than anyone else, so I can't help but look toward them, but I am very particular about the ones I want. Swearing off Russians wouldn't be terribly kind to my wallet, though, because the majority of the rest of the 24's that I like are rather expensive. My Hamilton 24 hour chronograph would have bought me a half dozen Russians. Haha.

1 - 20 of 255 Posts