WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Did you see his 50th Anniversary Breitling he's selling as well, quartz and a very bad fake.

·
Registered
312 Posts
His story is HORRIBLY inconsistent too!!!!! HE PUT IT IN THE WATCH WINDER?!?!?!?!? IT IS A MANUAL!!!!!!!! WATCH WINDERS CANNOT AND DO NOT WIND MANUALLY-WOUND MOVEMENTS!!!!!

What is upsetting here is that he is clearly attempting to deceive:
[1] He lists a store in a known shopping center in HI
[2] He presents several scenarios attempting to innocently explain his inability to locate original box and papers, including: moved six (??!) times over two years, and then postulating that his ex-wife may have possession of the box and papers.
[3] He claims the watch was "in for cleaning" two days ago. Generally, people even marginally familiar with analog movements will know their watches have been "serviced", because that is what a watchmaker, jeweler, or authorized repair center will tell them. For that matter, if this watch was recently purchased, why was it not serviced under warranty?!

I know the listing has ended, but is there a way to report fake listings to eBay? Especially considering that this guy has listed not one but TWO fake items at least (this and the Breitling), and has done so with a deliberate attempt to deceive?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I know the listing has ended, but is there a way to report fake listings to eBay?
Yes ... just search the auction page for "Report Item"
It's usually on the bottom right of the first section of the ad.
But ... don't expect Ebay to actually do anything about any fraudulent listings you report.
They couldn't care less.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm not overly familiar with the Speedmasters and other than his unconvincing story and the BROAD ARROW engraving on the back (the font and placement doesn't seem in Omegas style) I would have been convinced. What should you look out for in this model to set off alarm bells that its a fake?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts