WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not whit you what is the problem?
torbjörn b
No problem if you don't mind taking parts from 3 or more different unrelated watch models to make new watch and then calling it something that it is not.

wrong movement
wrong case
wrong or altered back
wrong crown

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
The case back is from a Constellation Calendar watch with a hidden crown.
The upper part of the case is not correct for this case back.
The 168.004 would have been a cal 561 not a 551.

There are other issues, but these stand out.

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
Steve, Joe, tb - this thread should be deleted. Why, you ask? So we can privately have a pool on how long it takes for a new member to join and ask about this watch that they just bought. Winner take all.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I wonder if you were to buy four or five of these, would you be able to reassemble them into the correct watches?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve, Joe, tb - this thread should be deleted. Why, you ask? So we can privately have a pool on how long it takes for a new member to join and ask about this watch that they just bought. Winner take all.
Oh, you're mean one, but then I hear that Breguet owner are pretty tough :-d

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
I wonder if you were to buy four or five of these, would you be able to reassemble them into the correct watches?
Yes, in this instance if you bought 2 other watches with the reciprocal parts then you actually could put Humpty Dumpty back together again. The key is knowing what those parts are and then finding them on the least amount of watches - which might be impossible. Or you could buy the parts here & there until you have what you need. You'd have to be very honest about the fact that the recreated watch was not factory original if you ever decided to sell it though.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sent a message the seller of this "watch" and got a reply. He wants to know what is my reference.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I got your references right here:

1. Case top is likely from an older bumper Seamaster. Perhaps this Ref. 2627

2. Case back is obviously wrong. I'm quite suprised that they fit, although it looks a little funny.

3. Dial and movement could very well have gone together. Problem is that they should be in a 149XX case from 1959-60, not a 168.004 case from 1964.

Send him to the Omega Vintage Database for more information and/or pictures.

A fine mess indeed,
gatorcpa

1 - 16 of 16 Posts