WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As a real watch addict I knew I had to buy a Seiko at some point so it was just a matter of time (to confince my girlfriend I really needed one).... but ohhh boy... I've really got bitten by the Seiko-bug very bad!

After searching online for Seiko models for the last weeks I went to see some in real. These things are even better in "flesh and blood" then on the screen.

I had trouble choosing between the Seiko SKX007 and the Seiko Monsters when I saw those here on the forum. But when I had them in my hand it really was an easy descision for me... The watch that once (when i first joined WUS) made me puke a bit inside my mounth beceause it's uglyness appeared to be a real beauty!!! It just cost me some time to realize that. I'm talking about the Black Monster. This watch really is an unique, well designed, well crafted and amazing piece of quality. People who don't like it should see one in real first!! Of course I bought it right away.

In my search I have seen so many Seiko models I really dig like the Tuna, Sumo, Marine Master 300 & 600. I just had too buy another one after the Black Monster too, beceause I needed them!!! One can't be enough... Maybe someone can explain it to my girlfriend beceause she doesn't seem to understand..

The Tuna, Sumo and Marine Master were out of my budget but I found another Seiko I just had too buy!! Some people call it the poor mans Tuna or the sardine can. I'm talking about a discontinued model of Seiko.... its a brand new Sawwwwtoooothhhhhh!!! Yeah!!

Here are some first pictures and I'm very impressed by both of the Seiko. I love the design of the watches and quality wise they are amazing for the money.
I promise to make a brief mini review of the watches later with a lot more pics but for now a few pictures below!

I'd love to hear what you think about those two.

Monster_Sawtooth_1.jpg

Monster_Sawtooth_2.jpg

Sawtooth_1.jpg

Monster_lume.jpg

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
559 Posts
Congratulations. Great watches and pictures as well.

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
No photos of the Sawtooth ever do it justice, IMO.

Congrats on the pick up of two iconic Seikos. :-!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No photos of the Sawtooth ever do it justice, IMO.

Congrats on the pick up of two iconic Seikos. :-!
I totally agree!! I think the same counts for the Monster. These watches just look 10 times better in real. You can't capture the curves, polished and brushed surfaces all together in one picture. I'm going to try a photoshoot soon to make some better pictures. I might pick up a light tent and a macro lens too.... Or should I buy another Seiko? I think I need a Sumo too!!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice watches man! The sawtooth has always been a favorite of mine. Where did you find it? I've never seen one since I've had it on my list.
I got it from Rob via monsterwatches.nl, the English version of the site is still under construction but you could mail him. He has a sawtooth once in a while.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
They both have Seiko 5 movements? Or just the Seiko Monster? What a great movement if you can find a watch case that can hold up to abuse like the Invicta Pro Diver series. Now the watch world has come together to make good watches. The typical Seiko 5 watch with the hardlex is not that great.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Thanks for sharing really good pictures. Two excellent choices, as well.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
They both have Seiko 5 movements? Or just the Seiko Monster? What a great movement if you can find a watch case that can hold up to abuse like the Invicta Pro Diver series. Now the watch world has come together to make good watches. The typical Seiko 5 watch with the hardlex is not that great.
I don't know about the Sawtooth, but I know that the Monstaer has a 7s36 movement in it. The movement used in most Seiko 5's is a 7s26. I think the 7s36 has more jewels.

Dsaat, nice watches you have there. Nice pics as well. I quite like the Sawtooth, and whenever I decide to buy another Monster, it will most likely be the black one. Excellent choices!! Enjoy them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I literally just opened my orange monster, and now i truly understand what all the fuss is about....my username is seikoskx but the monsters quality for money puts my trusty skx to shame....wow just wow....ill make my own review soon....again WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all!

The sawtooth is quartz and the monster uses the 21 jewel 7s26 movement.
That's right. As a big fan of mechanical movements I find it quite usefull to have some quartz watches in my collection too.
With the lack of watch winders most of my automatics stand still when I put them on my wrist. And sometimes you're just in a hurry and need to grab a watch and take off. My appreciation for quartz watches has grown for this reason and of course I bought the Sawtooth because of its unique and awesome looks.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I literally just opened my orange monster, and now i truly understand what all the fuss is about....my username is seikoskx but the monsters quality for money puts my trusty skx to shame....wow just wow....ill make my own review soon....again WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy. I don't have a Seiko Monster. But, I do own a sub homage Invicta with the same movement. I hope the Seiko Monster can hold up. If you can find a watch that can hold up to wear and tear then the Seiko 5 movements are good. I owned a Seiko 5 without the Invicta tough watch case like a sub homage and it did not hold up all that well. The hardlex cracked.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Enjoy. I don't have a Seiko Monster. But, I do own a sub homage Invicta with the same movement. I hope the Seiko Monster can hold up. If you can find a watch that can hold up to wear and tear then the Seiko 5 movements are good. I owned a Seiko 5 without the Invicta tough watch case like a sub homage and it did not hold up all that well. The hardlex cracked.
I'm not worried at all, the monster is a pretty solid watch and I have only read good things about it (no horror stories so far).

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually i'm going to write a small review of the Seiko Monster soon and so far I'm pretty amazed by it's quality.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Ahem. The Monster is an SKX too...hence the SKX779 and SKX781....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts