WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I discovered this brand not so long ago, when surfing on amazon uk to see if there was something really affordable that could worth it.
I knew that Sekonda offers a large variety of vintages watches, but what I did not know is that there are a lot of nice watches with a very nice pricing equivalent to Timex watches....

This diver style can be found for less than £20

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Product Fashion accessory

This dress watch for £25
Watch Analog watch White Watch accessory Black

This chrono with a mesh or a leather strap for 60£

And this last watch that I like (but I'd like to know the diameter before clicking on it)

What is the quality/price ratio of Sekonda watches ? Do they make serious/decent watches ? Any ideas ? For those of you who own a non-vintage Sekonda, are you happy with it, is the second hand a bit loud like it is often the case on very affordable quartz watches ? And what about the lume ?

Thanks (and if you have an idea of the size of this last blue watch, I could be interested);-)

· Registered
463 Posts
Definitely good value for money if you are looking for a daily wearer.

Assembled in China naturally, and they usually have Citizen-Miyota movements, so the accuracy is good. Never had a problem with one and they have a 2 year guarantee to back it up.
The steel bracelets can be a bit loose-linked with sharp edges, so budget for a change of strap just in case you can't live with the one it comes with.

If you change your own batteries, the press on backs can be very tight and you really need a press, but the 200m water-resistant versions appear to have screw in backs which are no problem.
Great value!

· Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
If you change your own batteries, the press on backs can be very tight and you really need a press, but the 200m water-resistant versions appear to have screw in backs which are no problem.
Great value!
Really something I have to learn to do....Here they charge 25£/35€ If you want to have battery replaced and water resistance warranty.

I'm probably not looking where I should, but I can't find the diameter of the blue dial Sekonda 106027 :-s Any idea

Sekonda Men's Quartz Watch with Blue Dial Analogue Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet 106027: Amazon.co.uk: Watches

Thanks !

· Registered
8,316 Posts
Sekonda are one of the big 3 budget brands here in the UK along with Rotary, and Accurist. The watches are what they are , Asian produced inexpensive watches with a couple of nice designs but nothing standout, probably broadly the equivalent of Lorus maybe up to Pulsar. Personally I think I'd probably take a Rotary over a Sekonda, and always a Seiko or Citizen over both of them bit if you see a Sekonda you like for a reasonable price then by all means go for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.