WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

What do you say about model GD100GB-1. I am 43, I think its too gaudy for me and do not fit the general image of G-Shocks.

GD-100GB-1ER (1).jpg

Anyone having it and how you feel about it.

Thanks,

Riz

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
I don't think there is one all purpose "general image" for G-Shocks. There is an incredible variety of styles and finishes these days. Get one that reflects YOUR taste!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
i have it, attract attention and got a few compliments from other guys - not that I care !!!

this G represents Gshock, the younger and hip hop generation...

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I saw one in the wild the other day and it looked quite good. If you like it you wear it. I reckon black and gold looks better than black and silver eg rolex or seiko two tone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk now Free

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I am 43, I think its too gaudy for me and do not fit the general image of G-Shocks.
The general image of G-Shocks has changed since they first came out in 1983. (I'm just a little older than you, and can remember when G-Shock were like the later Model T Fords -- "any color that [the customer] wants so long as it is black.")

Casio seems to feel the need to offer G's in more colors to attract a bigger, younger, hipper customer base. Personally, I'm not thrilled at the decision (and what some see as a "dilution of the brand") BUT if it keeps Casio in business -- and making G-Shocks -- for another 30 or 100 years, then I'm all for it!

...as long as they continue to make most "base models" available in some shade of black or gray, too! :)

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Mike, I agree with you. However, being older, you generally dress more on the conservative side and black goes with everything. I have owned a few G's that were not black and they ended up on the sale forum.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Black and gold can work if tastefully done. The GD-350BR is... almost there. A little less blingy than the GD-100GB, though. ;-)

GD-350BR.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts