WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I’ve bought a Smiths PRS-68 diver from Timesfactor for 2 months and I am happy with it.
It lost 6 seconds per day (24 hours) and I think it is a acceptable range for the movement Miyota 9015. (of course I will feeling more better if it gains other than lost)

Just curious, what accuracy of your Miyota 9015 got? Do you happy with it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have one too, although I have never measured the accuracy that specifically.
Miyota rates it as -10 to +30 seconds a day. Sounds like you are right in the range.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
All of the 9015s I've had ran very accurately. The rotor noise was loud but it didn't bother me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I have three with the 9015, Prescista 18A, Dagaz Cav and Maranez BWB LE.

All are pretty good, about + 5, but the Maranez is about +2 now.

Regards,

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have a 9015 in a Deep Blue Sea Ram. It was running about +10 sec per day, but I decided to try and regulate it myself. I won't open a watch that costs $500 or more, but since the Sea Ram only cost me $280, I figured I would give it a shot. It took me a few tries, but the watch now runs about +3 sec per week. I'm glad I did it.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
My Makara Octopus is super accurate, if wore every single day meaning on the wrist at 7:30am till 11pm it gains approx 2 seconds and then placed crown up on my bedside unit through the night it loses about 1.5 seconds. All I do to keep it spot on is maybe take it off an hour or two earlier every other day or so. The son's Tempest Commodore isn't quite as good it gains about 6s per day whilst losing around 3s positioned the same way at night, still exceedingly good for a reasonably priced movement.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hi there,
I've only had one watch with the Miyota 9015-- the Obris Morgan Pradata. It ran +4 seconds/day out of the box and for about the first week. It settled to roughly +2 sec/day after roughly 2 weeks of daily wear, and stayed very consistent for a couple more weeks when worn every day. I haven't worn it as regularly since, but I'd expect similar performance if I were to wear it consistently. I wouldn't waist are to get another 9015 powered watch and consider it my first choice among the popular (non-Swiss) movements. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Three 9015 movements for me so far, Benarus Moray, Benarus Remora and Deep Blue DayNight Ops Diver; +6, +4, +6 per 24hrs.

Fine accuracy for me and very consistent. I am very happy so far and would not hesitate to purchase another watch with this movement.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Tempest Viking - +3 to +5 seconds a day so far.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have two right now. Helson Tortuga +3 sec, and Dagaz Cav-Date +5 sec per day.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Most of you guys are doing a bit better than me w/ my only 9015 - Precista PRS-18 +10 to 11 seconds/day.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
My Makara Octopus is super accurate, if wore every single day meaning on the wrist at 7:30am till 11pm it gains approx 2 seconds and then placed crown up on my bedside unit through the night it loses about 1.5 seconds. All I do to keep it spot on is maybe take it off an hour or two earlier every other day or so. The son's Tempest Commodore isn't quite as good it gains about 6s per day whilst losing around 3s positioned the same way at night, still exceedingly good for a reasonably priced movement.
You are lucky, my Octopus makes 30sec or more... I dont remember if plus or minus because I sold it months ago (but not for that reason).
They usually do approx 8-10sec per day, I have or had 20+

What is concern for me is rotor noise and one direction winding... I think it needs more wrist time as ETA.
I am happy enough with those 9015 anyway... almost the same as with ETA. They are smooth the same and that count in my case. Those seiko and seagull I have are all slower beat rate.

Btw sea-gull st2551 inside my G.Gerlach needs just 2 hours on the wrist per day to keep it running! And both gerlach watches are more accurate than most of my other watches. The winding gears and weight of the rotor are probably pretty effecient, that I like. But, they are even louder than 9015.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I've owned four watches with the 9015 and I've been impressed with the accuracy of all of them, usually running within or close to COSC specs. The only one I currently own is the Helberg CH6 bronze, which is running at +1 sec. per day.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I currently have two, a Maratac GPT-1, and a Tempest Commodore. The Maratac seems to always run within +/- 2 seconds a week, (my best by far), and the Commodore is about -10 seconds a day. I don't wear the Tempest as much, and it's still quite new, so it may settle down after more wrist time.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Mine 9015 runs about +6 sec per day in a Precista PRS-18A when worn 24hrs a day. I find if I stand it 12 o'clock up (like a clock on a wall) when not worn on my wrist it loses a little time. Typically when this watch is my watch of choice, I'll wear it all the time but when it has to come off (while at work to avoid damage) I'll leave it "12 up" to regulate it a little and doing this I get a good overall accuracy.

·
Sponsor
1,598 Posts
Mine 9015 runs about +6 sec per day in a Precista PRS-18A when worn 24hrs a day. I find if I stand it 12 o'clock up (like a clock on a wall) when not worn on my wrist it loses a little time. Typically when this watch is my watch of choice, I'll wear it all the time but when it has to come off (while at work to avoid damage) I'll leave it "12 up" to regulate it a little and doing this I get a good overall accuracy.
Totally agree I've be wearing a sample scurfa with the 9015 movement and its +5/6 seconds a day I've been wearing other watches in between and when I do it loses a bit of time, I will say it keeps better time than some Rolex's ive had and its matching the time with the pelagos I've just got.

·
Registered
74 Posts
In my Helberg CH6 I'm running + or - 2 secs a day.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts