WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
I don't understand the timing of the last three bids.
Looks like k**a put in a max bid of 600, someone (probably _**n) kept bidding till they hit that max bid, then made their max bid 620 (or more), then someone tried to outbid them at the last moment and failed. Or they adjusted their max bid thrice, which counts as three bids.

·
Registered
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Looks like k**a put in a max bid of 600, someone (probably _**n) kept bidding till they hit that max bid, then made their max bid 620 (or more), then someone tried to outbid them at the last moment and failed. Or they adjusted their max bid thrice, which counts as three bids.
I was thinking _**n put in a maximum bid of 620 then k**a bid from 28 up to 600 trying to beat him but gave up.

I've never really understood the bid tallie but I'm not worried about it, either.

·
Registered
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Shill bidding by the seller countered by someone who caught it and retaliated with a fake account.
Yeah, I don't know anything about the strategy of shill bidding. Seems like you'd try to keep the bid at least reasonably high. Then again if the fake bidder kept going up....

·
Registered
256 Posts
They do, but it still happens. Or, the seller doesn't want to pay fees to the shill and creates a new account to default. That way his trigger account stays active and believable. I have seen it all on eBay. Only got screwed once but had the satisfaction of the Jamaican police sending a photo of my goods I told them they could keep if they recovered the stolen electronics. The counterfeit check and police report was all they needed to swat the hell out of the thief. They also found a lot of coke at the thief's house and lots of counterfeit making equipment. Now I double check foreign notes and let them clear! I'd keep an eye out for this seller. Sketchy.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Almost certain to be a non paying bidder. Some skullduggery by the seller or a cohort going on most likely. Watch for the "relisted due to timewaster" anytime soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts