WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ran across the GW-9110GY-1JF and really like the negative display on the Gulfman, however it is a Japan release and pretty expensive. I also found the GR-9110BW-1 but it too is a bit more pricey than your standard Gulfman. Question is, are there any reasonably priced Gulfman's w/ a negative display?

thanks
Moose

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
i wasn't paying attention to the Gulfman's price for a while, but the reasonable price would be 220 and under, correct ?

I got mine, GY, for around 200, six months ago

don't you like the new one, a few of them listed on Ebay for around 180

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, my local shop as a G9100-1 for 95 and a G-9100-2 for 115. I can't find the (2) anywhere but the (1) is 90 on Amazon. Am I shooting too low?

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
those 9100 are not solar-power and pretty old, yes, you are !!!

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Why a negative display? My experience with Casios negative displays is...negative. As in: awful. Unless you don't care about actually knowing what time it is...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the negative display. Of the 10 or so G-Shocks I have over half are negative displays. They look much cleaner and I have zero issues reading the watch in the day time or at night. Even my GA100-1A is plainly readable. I quite frankly don't understand all the disdain for negative displays, must be old eyes!!

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Congrats on the pick now let's help you get one. There is an atomic (gw9110) and non-atomic (gr?) Version of each.
i have the men in smokey grey (MISG) and love it. There is also the men in matte black, MIMB, and the recently released garish black. Otherwise known as gr9110bw-1

uploadfromtaptalk1346837938188.jpg

I believe this will be the easiest for you to find as it is still in production. If you fancy it. If you want more of a MISG or MIMB you will pay a little more for a new one or catch one used in good condition (I did).

Hope this helps. And i love negative displays. I got my first positive display as watch #30. If you like them (if you have seen them in person) then by all means go for it! They are not for everyone, so your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris. thanks. I am going to hold out for an atomic, so I'll have to wait for a good deal to come around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts