WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have decided that maybe I want my next watch to have a Valjoux 7750 (you like how committal I am?).
- Less than $1000 USD
- All, or mostly, black dial
- I'd prefer a display caseback but it's not an absolute
- I'm thinking I want a pilot style watch (think Steinhart Chrono II)
- At least 42mm in size
- I'm open to new or pre-owned
- Round cases only

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Just GOOGLE Valjoux 7750 watches........hundreds will pop up.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hi! I think at that price point Hamilton might be a brand to check out. 7750 is a great movmt. Good luck

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
881 Posts
Archimede Pilot Chrono is close to your mark. Great casework finish and a very clean and balanced dial. Sapphire crystal and see through caseback. Comes in various strap colours.

DSCF1194.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
that looks great!

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
UHR has several that fit your budget new, but I'd go for a used Pan Europ.
I've had my eye on a Pan Europ (silver dial) for some time as well. Ultimately, I decided to skip the 7750 and go for a hand winding manufacture (still debating the Speedy sapphire sandwich and the Zenith El Primero), but if I were going to grab a 7750, it definitely would be the Pan Europ.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the suggestions so far. Some good ones to consider. My wandering eye has found a couple of new things while looking at these suggestions.

Keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Have a look at the Tissot prc100, they do both black and white dials, and are remarkably well finished with a rotor that nicely "hums" as it whirls on your wrist with only the slightest movement ( if you are one of those that likes being 'in tune' with your mechanical piece) also, sapphire front as well as sapphire exhibition case back. Deployant clasp. Worth a look. I loved mine before I regrettably/begrudgingly sold it. Good luck! Many good options at that price point!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
* Steinhart Nav B II Chrono
* Accutron Gemini Chrono
* Tissot PRS516 Chrono
* Christopher Ward Harrison Chrono

·
Registered
810 Posts
If you are keen on pre-owned ones, you may be lucky enough to find Maurice Lacroix, Longines, Tag Heuer, even Omega or Breitling for between $1000-1500.

For brand new watches, Hamilton, Tissot, Victorinox, Accutron all make watches with Valjoux 7750 movements to fit your needs. I'd probably stick with Tissot or Hamilton.

·
Registered
21,050 Posts
UHR has several that fit your budget new, but I'd go for a used Pan Europ.
Doesn't the Pan Europ use the "in house" H31 movement? While it may be related to the 7750, I wouldn't exactly call it a watch that uses the 7750. It's not typical of a 7750 watch at all.

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,706 Posts
Doesn't the Pan Europ use the "in house" H31 movement? While it may be related to the 7750, I wouldn't exactly call it a watch that uses the 7750. It's not typical of a 7750 watch at all.
Isn't it a modified 7753 ?

Quote from Hamilton University:

"The Hamilton H-31 and H-21 are based on the chronograph Valjoux movements 7753 and 7750. Three elements have been modified:

- The spiral has been glittered to increase accuracy and stability.
- The main spring has been improved to increase power reserve up to 60 hours.
- The automatic device bridge has been modified to offer decorative possibilities for personalization to the brand. "

hamilton-kaliber-kaliber-h21h31.jpg

·
Registered
21,050 Posts
Archimede Pilot Chrono is close to your mark. Great casework finish and a very clean and balanced dial. Sapphire crystal and see through caseback. Comes in various strap colours.

View attachment 1050356
Do you know what sites sell Archimede? I thought Gnomon did, but I don't see them there anymore (and they don't have Ollech & Wajs anymore either, very disappointing).

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Do you know what sites sell Archimede? I thought Gnomon did, but I don't see them there anymore (and they don't have Ollech & Wajs anymore either, very disappointing).
In the US, Watchmann is your guy. Of course, Archimede sells direct and ships in about 2 weeks as well.

·
Registered
21,050 Posts
In the US, Watchmann is your guy. Of course, Archimede sells direct and ships in about 2 weeks as well.
Thanks! Great looking watches and the perfect size, too. Before I joined this site, one of my favorites was the IWC Spitfire chrono. I've wanted a pilot chrono since, I just haven't found the right one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts