WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A logo is a very difficult design to create, as it has to capture the attention and attraction of the market segment(s). There are plenty of good ones, and likewise, plenty of not so well thought out ones. Now, logos are different from the names of the brands themselves, though they may be intertwined. In my opinion, I think that Victorinox Swiss Army's logo is one of the best. Sure, it is a low end/low-mid end brand compared to the likes of JLC, Patek, Omega, etc. But, the logo conveys the Swiss quality and heritage with the cross symbol on a classic shield backdrop. Solid, to say the least. Which ones do you guys think are the best? The worst?

Here are a bunch more of the popular ones I found on the net; whether they are excellent, poor, or somewhere in the middle when it comes to design is up for discussion. Some are repeats.

· Registered
1,248 Posts
Speaking of Hilton, I do like this logo:

I'm not really interested in Bell & Ross watches but their logo somehow seems appropriate to their designs.
I'm a big fn of Omega watches so I can't help liking their logo.
Cartier and Baume & Mercier logos both hint at classic luxury and refinement.
The Rolex Logo somehow seems showy.
Tissot seems appropriate to who they are.
Can we really judge watch logos without letting our opinions of the products themselves influence our judgement?

· Premium Member
10,286 Posts
I like that Hilton one.
I like the green and red Tag shield.
Also like the winged Breitling and Longines logos.
And i'm partial to the Fortis logo. I prefer the shorter crown to the court jesterish Rolex one.

Here's another....what could be more appropriate than an hourglass?

As for the worst...of those pictured i think i like the Anonimo least. I don't understand why the shape and thickness of the black outline and all that wasted space inside.

· Registered
3,445 Posts
I like Longines and Breitling...they show the company's role as participants in the field of aviation. I can't recall where I read this but I believe Longines was the first watch manufacturer to register their logo back in the 1800's. However I must also add Rolex and Omega because they are very easy to recognize on their own...a successful implementation of a logo.

· Registered
1,406 Posts
How can you beat the crown with Rolex? Hands down best logo ever. I also like Panerai and Cartier. Both ooze refinement.

· Registered
8,317 Posts
This is fun - great thread. Sometimes I've seen the Eberhard logo and I thought it was put on crooked. That's not good. But then I notice that they mix it up a bit, so maybe they aren't even sure about it. :think:

Attachments

· Registered
6,581 Posts
I love this logo:

Reminds me about these guys:

Not quite: the painting is of a Templar, but the Vacheron logo is of a Maltese cross, insignia of St John's Hospitallers; different group, although these days the two orders tend to get confused in people's mind. The Templars were massacred by order of the then Pope, but the Hospitallers are still active, St John's Ambulance service is the best known side of their activities.

· Banned
1,012 Posts
It's not so much the logo itself for me, but how it is used. I'm a big fan of detailed ultra-proprietary seconds hands that utilize the logo:

Not really the brand logo, but good series logo placement

and so on and so forth.

· Registered
755 Posts
My vote is for Breitling and not just because I own one. The logo means business to their market of marine and aviation professionals. I also like Longines and the flying hourglass. A lot of the bigger brands have clean looking logos.

· Registered
14,994 Posts

I gotta say I am not a huge fan of the Precisionist logo. In print, it makes sense with the proper orientation and emphasis. But when implemented on the seconds-hand it looks more like a distorted cross between a lemniscate (infinity symbol) and handles of a set of shears/scissors.

· Premium Member
Seiko Monster Gen 3 “Blue Coral Reef”
2,585 Posts
The stylized Hamilton "H" from the 50s and 60s is probably my all time favorite watch logo.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.