WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know the feeling . . . your brand new baby, that was sitting so pristine on your wrist just a moment ago, now has a gash in the case--or a dent in the bracelet--or an ugly scratch across the crystal! Your watch has just come into contact with something . . . something that shouldn't have even been there!

What's YOUR story? What has damaged YOUR watches? What are the "watch destroyers" that we should be on the lookout for?

I'll start . . . I hate those strike plates on door jambs, especially the curved ones that stick out and seem to be just waiting to catch your watch!

What are others . . . and what do you do to avoid them?

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
The strike plates are a Devil's invention. I have not only scratched watches on them, but also ripped several trousers.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
In addition to whats already mentioned:

Door knobs

Turnstiles

Parking meters

Parking "posts"

Any brick structure wrist high, such as building corners or public planters

ashtrays on airplane seat arms

·
Registered
829 Posts
Getting in and out of the car. I've hit mine a time or two on the car door.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Finger!!!!!

When I cleaned the Crystal with my finger and my cloth.....my friend had told me that I shouldn't do that but I always did that...then my OMAX (Swiss Quartz) got a hard attack... :( .

Sorry for my bad English ;)

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
The underside of a vehicle is quite hard on a watch. (and knuckles too.)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.