WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
That Wittanauer is wild! Any movement pics?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't own it (YET!!!!) . Those two watches are on my list. A NOS w/ box sold on ebay for the computron for ~160 but I was too busy working and I missed it.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
The fabled Benrus Dial-O-Rama with the star dial. May never find one... the pin stripe dial is much more common

I have 2 Lord Elgin Chevron jump hours. Neither work properly
20171018_105421.jpg

This Jump Hour Regulatuer is a grail of mine:

Would love to get my hands on an Altair (for a reasonable price)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
They've become very expensive, but these "protractors" are quite cool (not my watch):

very cool watch. Just FYI

*Sextant, not protractor. Meant to be nautical instrument

Reactions: Tony C.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
very cool watch. Just FYI

*Sextant, not protractor. Meant to be nautical instrument
Surely it is a Protractor, it’s definitely a full half circle 180 deg’s a Sextant would only be 60 deg’s and have all the double reflecting mirrors on it.

What I see on that watch is a Protractor, straight edge and Scribe. All Draughtsmens tools.

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD

·
Registered
2,985 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Surely it is a Protractor, it’s definitely a full half circle 180 deg’s a Sextant would only be 60 deg’s and have all the double reflecting mirrors on it.

What I see on that watch is a Protractor, straight edge and Scribe. All Draughtsmens tools.

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD
I would tent to agree, but from Juvenia:

Aslo they say, ..."its first Sextant watch was born in 1940s, featuring a "handless" display with a "graduated limb" indicating hours, a "compass" hand indicating minutes and a "Dauphine" sweep second hand recording seconds."

Graduated limb being the lower half of the sextant. They should have made it 88 or 60 degrees instead of 180 to fit the look of the common sextant

1 - 20 of 29 Posts