WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll admit it, I wasn't aware of this watch brand until I saw it in John Wick 1 and 2. What are your opinions?

·
Registered
461 Posts
I want a ScubaTec. Pretty. Have no experience with the brand. Seems well reviewed in WatchTime magazine

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Make some excellent looking watches, and have a nice in-house movement with patented peripheral rotor.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I like their fume dial big date Manero. So far not to be found on the used market, but I'm keeping an eye out. Otherwise, hm, they seem to be a bit bold and bulky.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
astrum3d...Hello. I have owned / worked on several in the last 25 years...I've always liked them, and respected their 'ethos'. All of the Bucherer's I've seen, have used other Manufacturer's movements--usually, ETA--and they did so nicely.

I like them, and it's nice to see that they're doing well! Michael.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Saw them at the past two NYC WatchTime events, the Manero Peripheral is really nice. A very classy semi-dressy watch (with a date complication and 11 mm thick, it's not quite a dress watch), the white dial model is calling me.
Here's a discussion of some of their technology, it discusses the peripheral rotor, but note that the patent mentioned is for a subcomponent:

http://iwmagazine.com/articles/20151203/carl-f-bucherers-new-technology/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts