WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With 3 weeks left in 2019 this may be a little premature, but I already saw threads asking for what people bought and sold in 2019 so I figured I’d get this started.

What are your plans for 2020? What watches are you looking at, any limits you want to put on yourself, or whatever else you are thinking watch-wise for 2020.

For me I am looking at picking up my first German watch, and what will be my dress watch: the Nomos Tangente 35mm ref. 139

It is the classic Nomos design, has a display caseback to show their beautiful in house Alpha caliber, and but with an interesting enough design where I can see myself wearing it regularity.

After that, my second German, the Stowa Flieger 36mm handwound.

Stowa was one of the original 5 companies to make Flieger in WW2, and stylistically my favorite still making them. I love how thin they keep their watches (9.2mm for the handwound) and 36mm is a perfect size for me (I know, pilot watches are supposed to be big, but I like what I like).

Likely on the chopping block will be my Monta Oceanking that I am wearing right now.

It is really well built, and very versatile, but a bit bland. I have a Ginault Ocean Rover set to arrive early in the new year with a red and gold aluminum bezel that I think will hold my interest better and I don’t think I have room for both in my collection.

After that I am hoping to just be happy with what I have (Monta Atlas, G-Shock square, Seagull 1963, and the Ginault on order), or at the very least institute a one in one out policy if there is anything I really can’t live without released in 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
I’m excited to hear about everyone’s plans for 2020.
For me, I plan on getting a special piece to add to my small collection. I haven’t known for the last while what my next watch would be to pair with my daily driver which is the Gradient blue Oris Aquis, but I knew I wanted one. It will be my first German watch as well!

I have finally figured it out....
If all goes according to plan, sometime during the upcoming year I’ll be adding the Sinn 104 (anthracite dial) to my collection! That would make for a great 2020 for this guy!

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Most likely
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Unless I decide to make a trip to Singapore...and then it would be aces wild anything goes *LOL*
a lot of the really good stuff is in Singapore and I can handle it and buy it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I turn 40 in 2022, so my plan is to just save up all year to be able to afford something at the next level to commemorate. There’s a slight chance I’ll switch out my beater—a Vostok Amfibia that I’ve fallen out of love with—and an even slighter chance I make a splurge for a Certina GMT Powermatic 80. But I’m really going to try and just save, save, save!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Honestly? Trim my collection. I picked up a Sub, Explorer II and Tudor GMT in 2019, after picking up a Pepsi in 2018 and a Planet Ocean in 2017. I've now settled on 3-4 that I wear almost all the time, and need to trim the rest.

Reactions: sjaakb and Dan GSR

·
Registered
535 Posts
My only planned 2020 purchase is for a Stowa Flieger TO2. Unless it comes up on their holiday sale this month in which case I'll buy it early. I've never sold a watch from my collection but plan on trimming it a bit. I've got a Panerai, Christopher Ward Trident and Lum-Tec I'm going to try and move.

·
Premium Member
8,344 Posts
I have 5-6 watches on my wish list which are sold out so the plan there is to just keep looking and waiting for a pre-owned one to pop up. I'd list them but don't want to give anyone any ideas :) As far watches currently in production, perhaps a Sinn 856.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
sell maybe another 5 -10 watches (down to about 10-15 total, hopefully). I recently wore one watch for like over a week (Rolex 16570) and wondered why I don't wear it more often. I really started thinking I could probably be almost satisfied getting down to like 2 or 3 nice watches and an apple watch.

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Depends on whether Citizen releases a regular-edition 0100, preferably on a strap, for a tolerable price. If they don't...there's nothing I need, no niche I want to fill. Not that implies I won't buy anything...I can resist everything but temptation.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm definitely not one of the many who won't like it. I love the look; I'm hoping to get my hands on an Omega Great White, or maybe the Commander's Watch edition of the Seamaster.

Watch Analog watch White Watch accessory Photograph Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
My only planned 2020 purchase is for a Stowa Flieger TO2. Unless it comes up on their holiday sale this month in which case I'll buy it early. I've never sold a watch from my collection but plan on trimming it a bit. I've got a Panerai, Christopher Ward Trident and Lum-Tec I'm going to try and move.
I have one. Some days I love it and can wear it for months. Some days I’m like ugg so big and heavy.

Sometimes I wear my Nomos. Sometimes I am like what is this little thing..

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
I’ve got 2 Seiko mods I wanna do. I’ve been planning them for about 6 months but I don’t have the time or the desire to actually do the work. So maybe I’ll feel the urge to do something during 2020.

As for the core watch box, I’d like to buy a 36mm Nomos Ahoi, buy a 36mm stowa marine, and sell my 36mm Nomos club.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Not to buy another watch.
I just bought one I was not planning on buying this year because an opportunity came up to buy a hard to get watch.
It may be my wife's turn next year. We will see.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I didn't buy a watch in 2019, so far. I plan on making at least 1 watch purchase in 2020 if I'm reasonable I will pick up a Unimatic, if I go crazy a Tudor Pelagos or BB58.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
This is on my radar for the new year. My wife says, "You are the collector of old sh*t." -- I wont disappoint.

View attachment 14694653
I keep wanting a Tudor Ranger...but every time I put it on, I feel unimpressed. I might have to try it again.

Reactions: 71 TRUCK
1 - 20 of 239 Posts