WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
61 - 80 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
My 2020 plan is to simplify the collection to only few pieces that I will wear frequently and sell the rest. I will want to add a Glashütte Original in 2020 to celebrate the birth of my daughter. I have a feeling that this will take most of my free time next year, not watches

·
Registered
759 Posts
My 2020 plan is to simplify the collection to only few pieces that I will wear frequently and sell the rest. I will want to add a Glashütte Original in 2020 to celebrate the birth of my daughter. I have a feeling that this will take most of my free time next year, not watches ��
Purchased a Nomos Zurich in advance of my daughters birth earlier this year. I recommend you make the GO happen as my time to appreciate watches has dwindled, but every time I look at my Nomos I am happy with the choice while knowing another watch is not on my radar for quite some time.

·
Registered
12,667 Posts
What are the chances of this happening? :)
Almost zero but I can hope!!! I will be selling the two things, the almost zero part is more about not picking anything else up.

Reactions: craigr812

·
Registered
109 Posts
For me I am looking to whittle down my collection from 15 to 5 watches, Its been a year since I started collecting and I went on a bit of a mad binge buying "bargain" sale watches, now its time to get rid of many having found out exactly what I like.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well 2019 has been a busy year. I had my Speedmaster serviced this year and it looks and runs great. I had my 33 year old Tag Heuer 2000 Pro serviced and it is back in action on a Tropic strap. I pick up my first Grand Seiko SBGA375 on December 20th at my local AD. Very excited about that. For 2020 I hope to pick up the new Seiko Alpinist SBDC091 the instant they come out. Some folks seem uncertain about the new Alpinist but I plan to be an early adopter. Also on the lookout for a Dan Henry 1962 Panda. Unusual for me to have this much watch action but boy has it been fun.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
My plans are:

1. Move to the UK in late January/early February.

2. Sell my CW C60 Trident Pro 600

3. Buy a Stowa Marine 36 Small Seconds (with the proceeds of the CW). Order a Farer Hudson and check the size, likely keep it (celebrating the new chapter in my life). Do the same with a Christopher Ward C65 Trident Yellow 316L edition, likely return it due to size.

4. Try to resist the temptation of buying an Anordain Model 2 green fumé and either a Laco Kempten or a Stowa Flieger 36 hand wound.

5. Maybe buy a Citizen BM1290 as the new beater, and name it Blue Godzilla.

·
Premium Member
73,516 Posts
I was hoping to buy a Chris Ward Sandhurst in 2019 but that’s not going to happen so early 2020 might be its time to shine.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Honestly, I'm not really sure. My wife is getting me a new Apple Watch 5 for Christmas, so that will get the majority of wrist-time. I've got several watches that aren't made anymore that I really need to let go, but I'm having trouble doing it. They are:

Marathon SAR
Seiko 6309 Turtle
Seiko 6139 Pogue

I don't wear them very often, and selling them would give me the room to get another really nice piece. Just dragging my feet deciding...

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'm planning to buy far fewer watches.... There's a new Vostok Europe N1 power reserve model I quite like, and maybe it's time to get the Air King I wanted. That's about it, need to dial back as I now have 75 watches..

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Dabble in <$100 affordables a bit. Vostok Amphibia, Alba solar, Casio, etc.

First Chinese factory brand with an orange dial 2nd Gen Monster homage will get my money.

I have some bezel inserts in need of Seiko SKX/SRP watches...

Already on a wait list for the new NTH Scorpene Nomad. I'm a sucker for 12hr bezels and big number aviation-inspired watches.

If I can work a deal with Elshan to pick up something in mokume gane or timascus, especially the new, thinner Mako V3, I'm in.

Maybe Atticus will crank back up again?

Otherwise, something handwind, something tank or tonneau style, maybe.

There's bound to be some F29 watches which catch my fancy.

Try to keep total watches in the collection to a reasonable amount -- 6-8.. maybe -10... -- so flip as interest wanes

Money will be tighter in 2020 than it was this year, so no +$1000 buys, but still a watch budget to mess around with.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you only learn just two things about watches it’s never buy a watch on a credit card and...
NEVER BUY A WATCH ON A CREDIT CARD!!!
But with my 2% cash back card that is like a free strap with each watch purchase! But yes, never pay for a watch when you don’t have the money in the bank to immediately pay it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cash back, buyer protection and pay it off as soon as you get the bill. Under those circumstances I would always use a credit card.
Oh I agree with all of the above. I avoid putting anything on credit unless I have the money to pay for it outright before my statement is due... However that line is getting a little finer with all this new watch temptation haha.

·
Registered
6,681 Posts
Reducing high-test watches to the two, maximum three, that I normally wear. Continued investment in select vintage, I only bought one last year and it has done OK, let's see if I can repeat.

Also, play money on cheap fun watches. I recently bought a handful of cheap Casios to play with that cost less than the retail price of a steel pin buckle for one of the expensive ones, or 1/4 of the depreciation when I do eventually sell it.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
I turn 40 in 2022, so my plan is to just save up all year to be able to afford something at the next level to commemorate. There’s a slight chance I’ll switch out my beater—a Vostok Amfibia that I’ve fallen out of love with—and an even slighter chance I make a splurge for a Certina GMT Powermatic 80. But I’m really going to try and just save, save, save!
Sounds familiar. I don’t plan to save up for a really big purchase, but I want to break my cycle of buying and flipping and enjoy my small rotation of affordables for a while. Then maybe make a fun purchase for my 40th (in 2021).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38,241 Posts
61 - 80 of 239 Posts