WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

101 - 120 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I plan to sell a couple watches. My OP 39 white and my Damasko DA38.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
It's been a busy year. Sold my entire collection, bought, sold more and ended up with a new 6 watch collection I'm quite happy with.

Feel like my itch has been scratched (for now) so i'm going to stop and smell the roses for a while. The BB58 & Aloha GMT are on my radar if/when the itch returns.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I really want to get a Damasko DA46 or 47 in 2020. If I have a good year, perhaps also a Seiko Snowflake.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hoping to pick up a jaeger lecoultre master ultra thin moon phase with the white dial. I’ve been looking for a dress watch for some time and that’s the one for me (until I turn 50 and can get that PP 5146G). That being said, with the acquisition of my AP 15202 in March and just picking up my GS GMT, there is a good chance I don’t get anything in 2020. In fact, forget everything I just said. I can’t get anything in 2020 lol!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
A two-tone Scurfa Diver One in April and nothing else.

Based on past experience, “nothing else” is not very likely.

·
Registered
987 Posts
There are 3 that I keep coming back to but I only want to get 1 in 2020.

Omega Speedmaster FOIS - Would add the most diversity to my core collection. Like the history and more refined look compared to the Moonwatch. Don't like that my core collection is going black dial heavy. Normally like a splash of colour in my watches.

OmegaFOIS.jpg

Zenith Defy Classic - Seriously underrated watch. Titanium separates it from the other ss sport watches and I like the overall look a lot. I keep wanting a blue sunburst dial but this would compete with my BLNR.

zenithdefyclassic2.jpg

Grand Seiko SBGR261 - Love the ivory dial and case but it would compete with my JLC.

GSSBGR261.jpg

There are also a few watches that aren't being worn and I feel like I should move them on to better homes. Perhaps an overall consolidation is in order for 2020.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Can't post pics-for 2020 not a plan more of a dream to acquire the GS Kara Zuri Ltd Ed from 2018 and the Rollie Explorer with the blue lume on the hour and 3, 6, 9 numbers.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have been pondering for a while but I think it’s going to happen in 2020:
Trade in my 114060 for a GMT master II (still wondering weather I should go for a 16750 or 16710)

Both my pics, unfortunately not both my watches

·
Registered
96 Posts
Like every year, I will promise to downsize the collection and save money to buy just 1 or 2 watches. Somehow I manage to ignore my advice and end up buying 7-8 watches.
For 2020 - I see another Oris joining the collection - probably the Big crown Date pointer and a pre-owned Omega.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Probably going to sell one or two, but that's getting increasingly harder as I refine the collection. Would probably like to add a vintage precious metal dress watch, possibly a refined dress/sport watch like a new Alpinist. No real plans otherwise.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am going to try my hand at modding. My only purchases in 2020 will be inexpensive Seiko sports watches and divers to mod, and perhaps a Citizen 0510-K16008 quartz chronograph if one appears on the market.

I'll probably sell a few watches as well, continue to squirrel money away and see how much I have in my watch fund at the end of the year. We'll see then if I feel like going up-market or staying in affordable town in 2021.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
There are 3 that I keep coming back to but I only want to get 1 in 2020.

Omega Speedmaster FOIS - Would add the most diversity to my core collection. Like the history and more refined look compared to the Moonwatch. Don't like that my core collection is going black dial heavy. Normally like a splash of colour in my watches.

View attachment 14702575
I’m with you in wanting to keep some dial color diversity in my core collection, and have my eye on a sibling of the FOIS:

Granted, it comes at steep premium over the FOIS on the preowned market (60%), but the lumed ceramic tachymetre bezel and that wonderful dial have really drawn me in.

101 - 120 of 239 Posts