WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
141 - 160 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
What I find interesting is comparing this thread to the thread about what people actually did in 2019:
What’d You Buy and Sell This Year?
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...ad.php?t=5086789&share_type=t&link_source=app

It seems as though a lot of people on this thread want to sell more, but less and in general shrink their collection to focus more on pieces they actually wear.

The other thread seemed to have more people who’s purchases greatly outnumbered their sales. There are exceptions in both threads of course, but general trends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Great read! For me, I got rid of a number of microbrand purchases and German watches this year and bought a personal grail (Explorer 214270 Mk2 brand new) thinking that would get me to stop spending so much time looking at watches. The opposite happened haha. I started getting interested in microbrands again, and now I want to own another German watch. So, in 2020, I really want to purchase the new Lorier Gemini chronograph and a Sinn 556i (haven't decided on the blue or black dial yet).

I would also really be interested in trying out a 42mm Panerai, but we'll see where things go!

·
Registered
978 Posts
For me it will be within the new Cartier santos (or tank solo) and my first Panerai
There might be the new zenith defy in the competition but I think the fight will be between the first 2 options

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm not after an awful lot. I have my eye on a Glycine Airman, something like this

and also a Nodus Duality

The Duality is higher up the list.

I'm also trying to save for a Navitimer, and a Speedy..... too many. But they are not probably realistic at this current time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
531 Posts
Realistic: None. I've got too many other hobbies I want to explore at the moment...namely Diving :)

Better to save that 2K and go on a sweet dive trip and take the Doxa and Scurfa with me than it is to spend is on a watch.

Long term goal would be getting back into a Black Bay or a SMPc

Datejust needs a service too so thats gonna eat into the scuba fund.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've got a few I have been pondering and studying to fill in some holes in my collection:
One of these: but put it on a SS bracelet
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Brand
One of these: really liking the the silver bezel
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Yellow
One of these
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Brand

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nothing on the radar as I am in one of the content camp. However, I just got promoted and will probably buy a watch to commemorate this moment of life.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
My collection consists of all quartz or eco-drive pieces, which I enjoy, but I feel like it's time to move up to the next level and get a Swiss automatic, under 2K, sometime in 2020.

My last purchase was in December 2018 so the itch to get something new is definitely there.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Save save save . . . And get the 114270 in spring 2021 if everything goes to plan. That is unless there is a new 36 mm explorer released this year, which is doubtful. Even if there's a new 36mm, I wouldn't be the one getting a call back for a highly desirable new model with no purchase history, so we'll see.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
For 2020 I plan on not getting any watches (yeah right!).

I got into some serious rental investment and need to put lots of money to “normalize” it. Most likely will have to sell some of my pieces. Even that will not be sufficient ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm probably an outlier here, but all I want is to sell next year. I have accumulated more watches than I wear so I want to thin out the collection down to maybe seven pieces. I might buy a new gun with the funds, but that's not a discussion for this forum :)

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
I think I'll back off for a bit. Maybe if the Omega Apollo 13 50th is nice I'll go for it. I might go for the Minase Horizon and reconsider a Reservoir, but the watch hobby goes a bit on the backburner with 5 trips planned in 2020 (and one immediately when 2021 hits). Also my other hobbies are getting neglected and there's only so much money to go around.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
My 2020 plans (subject to change on a whim):

1. My oldest graduates high school in 2020, so I'll probably get him something nicer.

2. I've been waiting for the new Hamilton KFM PVD edition to hit the mass market and the prices to come down, so once Toppers gets some, I'll pull the trigger. God, that thing is mouth-watering... And it'll make a great companion to the white one, which I have already (pardon the arm hair).

3. Sell my SARB033 (I like the 035 more).

4. Sell my Hamilton KFA 40mm H70305143. A bit too big.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have three on my wish list for 2020:
- Omega constellation with white gold bezel (deposit paid and pic below)
- Omega pan pie in steel from the 60s
- a vintage Super Compressor, not fussed on which brand it just needs to “feel right”

141 - 160 of 239 Posts