Great read! For me, I got rid of a number of microbrand purchases and German watches this year and bought a personal grail (Explorer 214270 Mk2 brand new) thinking that would get me to stop spending so much time looking at watches. The opposite happened haha. I started getting interested in microbrands again, and now I want to own another German watch. So, in 2020, I really want to purchase the new Lorier Gemini chronograph and a Sinn 556i (haven't decided on the blue or black dial yet).
I would also really be interested in trying out a 42mm Panerai, but we'll see where things go!
I've got a few I have been pondering and studying to fill in some holes in my collection:
One of these: but put it on a SS bracelet
One of these: really liking the the silver bezel
One of these
Save save save . . . And get the 114270 in spring 2021 if everything goes to plan. That is unless there is a new 36 mm explorer released this year, which is doubtful. Even if there's a new 36mm, I wouldn't be the one getting a call back for a highly desirable new model with no purchase history, so we'll see.
I'm probably an outlier here, but all I want is to sell next year. I have accumulated more watches than I wear so I want to thin out the collection down to maybe seven pieces. I might buy a new gun with the funds, but that's not a discussion for this forum
I think I'll back off for a bit. Maybe if the Omega Apollo 13 50th is nice I'll go for it. I might go for the Minase Horizon and reconsider a Reservoir, but the watch hobby goes a bit on the backburner with 5 trips planned in 2020 (and one immediately when 2021 hits). Also my other hobbies are getting neglected and there's only so much money to go around.
1. My oldest graduates high school in 2020, so I'll probably get him something nicer.
2. I've been waiting for the new Hamilton KFM PVD edition to hit the mass market and the prices to come down, so once Toppers gets some, I'll pull the trigger. God, that thing is mouth-watering... And it'll make a great companion to the white one, which I have already (pardon the arm hair).
3. Sell my SARB033 (I like the 035 more).
4. Sell my Hamilton KFA 40mm H70305143. A bit too big.
I have three on my wish list for 2020:
- Omega constellation with white gold bezel (deposit paid and pic below)
- Omega pan pie in steel from the 60s
- a vintage Super Compressor, not fussed on which brand it just needs to “feel right”
A forum community dedicated to watch owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about watch collections, displays, watch winders, accessories, classifieds, and more! We welcome all manufacturers including Casio G-Shock, OMEGA, Rolex, Breitling, Rolex and Tudor, Seiko, Grand Seiko and others.