WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw some up close pics of one and it was absolutely gorgeous. I read a great article about Citizen and how much precision goes into these Campanola watches.

I really like the complications they put into these watches. Also, from what I read they are hand assembled and they use only top quality materials.

I really like this one.

The article eluded to the fact that these are a level above the Eco Drive Calibre watches.

Any info and thoughts would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
944 Posts
thodgins said:
I saw some up close pics of one and it was absolutely gorgeous. I read a great article about Citizen and how much precision goes into these Campanola watches.

I really like the complications they put into these watches. Also, from what I read they are hand assembled and they use only top quality materials.

I really like this one.

The article eluded to the fact that these are a level above the Eco Drive Calibre watches.

Any info and thoughts would be much appreciated.
Its a beautiful watch and expensive for quartz - plus, its a Japan-only model that can only be obtained from a store in San Francisco, from 21 Jewels in Singapore and Higuchi San in Japan. The price is $1,500 to $2,000. A similar mechanical watch would set you back a few hundred grand. If you want it - I'd say its worth the money for a grand complication watch although you can get a Shellman grand complication watch in the same price range.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had read that Shellman watches were really good. Is that correct?? I know they have a history making quartz complications. Any info on Shellman would be great.

·
Registered
944 Posts
thodgins said:
I had read that Shellman watches were really good. Is that correct?? I know they have a history making quartz complications. Any info on Shellman would be great.
Yes, they are. A Japanese watch-maker and their premier watch is the Shellman Grand Complication:

You can learn more at the company's home page, which has an online store:

http://www.shellman.com

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
They're beautiful watches! I'm sure Mr. Reding has some thoughts as he owns at least one :)
Cheers,
Bruce

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,848 Posts
They are well made and look more expensive then you would expect from a quartz watch.
For me, I cannot read the small dials easily and the dial layout does not really appeal to me, short of the Cosmosign. None are TC AFAIK.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
BruceS said:
They're beautiful watches! I'm sure Mr. Reding has some thoughts as he owns at least one :)
Cheers,
Bruce
Actually, I don't own one. I have heard they're exquisite, though, and have been tempted, especially by the Cosmosign.

It turns out that the Shellman movements are made by Citizen. Shellman does the cases and dials, though. I don't know how these compare with the Campagnolas.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Bruce Reding said:
Actually, I don't own one. I have heard they're exquisite, though, and have been tempted, especially by the Cosmosign.

It turns out that the Shellman movements are made by Citizen. Shellman does the cases and dials, though. I don't know how these compare with the Campagnolas.
I thought I had read that you had a couple of them Bruce. My mistake! I remember showing my wife the Campagnola site once and nearly had to order her one!! She's almost as bad as I am :-D

Hey I just hit 1000 posts with this one!!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1000 posts..Congrats:-!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Shellman looks great with the Roman numerals. Very classic look.

Thank you all for your thoughts.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Thanks Todd! Who knows what it would've been if I hadn't had to re-register after the big crash. Of course, we all could say that :)
Cheers,
Bruce

·
Registered
283 Posts
I saw some new ones today...

Spectacular. The lighting in the shop wasn't great so these are really Q&D quality. This is one of the new Eco Drive ones, it's very substantial and has a real air of quality about it - a stunning piece.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: I saw some new ones today...

Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the pics. Wow.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Re: Love the looks and high quality of mine...

I've always loved the dial design of that one. Intriguing both because of the unusual elements and the 3D nature of it. :-!

·
Registered
105 Posts

roba said:
Spectacular. The lighting in the shop wasn't great so these are really Q&D quality. This is one of the new Eco Drive ones, it's very substantial and has a real air of quality about it - a stunning piece.

What a nice looking piece B-) Do you know what is the watch model no and how much does it cost? Thanks.

·
Registered
283 Posts

sshark said:
What a nice looking piece B-) Do you know what is the watch model no and how much does it cost? Thanks.
It's a CTY57-1071 and RRP is JPY470 000. There's a limited release black PVD version at JPY 500 000 (ex. tax).

·
Registered
193 Posts
I also admire these. And to think, some day you could tell your grandchildren you once spent a half a million on a watch!

Maybe twice!

Regards

P.S. - you don't have to tell them it was Yen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Campanola is now in the US! I found mine at Vinca Jewlers in Kansas City! Same 5 yr warranty and the US service center works on them! It is a beautiful watch!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts