WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Looks like a regular NATO/ZULU to me with pvd hardware.

Maybe check gnomon?

Sent via Tapatalk

·
Registered
994 Posts
Definitely not a NATO or Zulu. Doesn't look like there is anything going under the watch. It looks like a single piece of nylon that is looped through one set of bar, and then has a sewn in spring bar tunnel for the other end.

Looks almost like a nylon re-creation of the Di Modell Tornado

http://www.watchworx.co.uk/images/Di-Modell/Tornado/Tornado-6.jpg

·
Registered
994 Posts
From what we can see, it definitely looks like a normal 5 ring Zulu.

How do you see that? On the right side you can see two rings sewn in the same loop, at the end of the strap. On the left side, at the case, you can see stitches in the strap forming a tunnel for the spring bar.

·
Vendor
3,058 Posts
How do you see that? On the right side you can see two rings sewn in the same loop, at the end of the strap. On the left side, at the case, you can see stitches in the strap forming a tunnel for the spring bar.
Our old 5 rings weren't stitched so I don't have a good photo, but the 2 bottom rings are always on the same loop, and on the left side there is going to be a line of stitching after the second keeper.

This is from Broadarrow:

The watch head in the OP is pushed up pretty far on the strap, usually there would be a little more gap between the lugs and the last row of stitching. But it definitely looks like a normal 5 ring Zulu.

·
Vendor
7,339 Posts
Personally it looks like a 2 piece strap with a slight variation to the ones we have here in stock, whereas one end is attached via spring bar, left hand side in picture, the right hand side is looped round the spring bar, think this is a one off made version of what we commonly know as a Zulu strap. The only flaw as I can see is there is nothing stopping the right hand side from sliding back up towards the watch other than pressure against the wrist.

I would give up trying to find something EXACTLY like this, go for a 5 ring PVD hardware Zulu, plenty of places that have them, including ;-)

·
Registered
994 Posts
My google-fu is strong, and I stand corrected. A plain old 5 ring Zulu it is

DSC_0131.jpg

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
If you enjoy it, you did! Wear it in good health,

Josh

1 - 13 of 13 Posts