WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the whole watch hobby and am very excited to start it. I had just purchased two watches from here (Infantry Pam and Eyki Military). $28 for both! I thought that they were pretty nice watches and a nice starting point to get me going! They should be here Monday! Anyways, The Eyki has an Infantry Strap and I'm not a very big fan of it. I was wondering what straps would go with it. Thanks!

Eyki Military
Eyki.jpg

Infantry Pam
Infantry Pam.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome! My gut reaction would be to go NATO for both. Black dial Eyki lends itself well to many different color combinations. Perhaps a Bond or similarly striped nylon NATO would fit. For the Infantry, I think a leather NATO would look great. Having said that, Pam style watches almost have their own collecting niche around big buckles and thick straps. If that interests you, you can wind up spending a heck of a lot more than you did on the watch, which is why I say a leather NATO. NATOs also make strap changes easy, making them a gateway drug for yet another of the joys of this hobby.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Dont forget that the Infantry's lug width is 24mm. I definitely recommend replacing the strap on the Infantry. Its kind of plasticy/rubbery. Sectime makes some very nice straps under $30.

Hope both of the watches work well for you, I didn't have any issues with either when I owned them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[/QUOTE]Sectime makes some very nice straps under $30.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll be sure to look up on those!

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
Hi,

If it helps, my Eyki on leather Nato.

Its now on a Green based Cammo Nato, but I don't have a photo yet. so no help at all really...

Edit; I do now...

Your Colour choice will be different.

K.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I'd suggest a padded leather which will dress it up nicely.

Thats what I did with this one as the infamous stock strap for the BM8180-03E was as comfortable as that one looks :)

2013-12-24 15.03.01.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

If it helps, my Eyki on leather Nato.

Its now on a Green based Cammo Nato, but I don't have a photo yet. so no help at all really...

Edit; I do now...

Your Colour choice will be different.

K.
I really like that leather NATO, ill be sure to look at some of those. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I like it! Mind telling me where to find one? Thanks!!
I got mine from a department store in London (Debenhams) but its a Hirsch strap so I am guessing you could get one where you live or if not then on line :-!

Reactions: Miigs

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Pam style works well with thick strap,check out clearance section in panatime,they may have something you like,I got these straps from them

got this strap for my Pam for $10.5 earlier this year

The straps of these two also cost less than $15 each

As for leather NATO,the friction may cause the screwbar to loosen up,I only use it on my watch with quick release thing,got this for $10.5ish as well

Also there are C&B and other vendors that you can check for stock and price

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think an olive green or sand NATO/Zulu would really set off the military styling of the Eyki. I got one from nato-international on the 'Bay. Seller has them with a brushed finish which will match the case better than polished.
This:

What it looks like on my Snk809:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts