WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This showed up from the ebay fairy today. Needs a good cleaning and a few scratches removed but since it cost less than my last haricut, I think I did alright. I need to pair it with a nice looking band but am not sure what would look best to me. I was thinking of going with one of the bomber leather bands from strappedfortime that I saw someone else post on here but I'm not completely sold on it for this watch (since the band would then cost a lot more than the actual watch!). So, what say you? What would you pair this one with?

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
(since the band would then cost a lot more than the actual watch!).
When playing in the affordable end of the swimming pool, this happens... a lot! You get use to it. I certainly have.

As for what strap. Perhaps a croco grain cow leather (to reduce cost) strap in a deep chocolate brown with white stitch, which would accent the dial color nicely. They can be had pretty cheaply from strap sellers on the bay for ~$15.

·
Registered
50 Posts
When playing in the affordable end of the swimming pool, this happens... a lot! You get use to it. I certainly have.

As for what strap. Perhaps a croco grain cow leather (to reduce cost) strap in a deep chocolate brown with white stitch, which would accent the dial color nicely. They can be had pretty cheaply from strap sellers on the bay for ~$15.
My thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll wade around on the shallow end of the interwebz for a bit and see what floats by. I knew the strap/bracelet would double the cost of this one but I would like to avoid quadrupling it (for now haha). Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
The case seems to have the same shape as the SNK669 (pic borrowed from here), for example, and may originally have had a steel bracelet.
Steel could look good with this case.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This probably isn't what you had in mind, but I would personally throw a bright colored NATO strap on it. You could get a few different styles and change the look of the watch every day for the price of a decent leather band

NATO_STRAP_blue-white-reds.jpg hy_nato_blue_white_1_600.jpg

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I lately bought this Pontiac an added the Hirsh Forest strap. I think it's a nice strap for an older watch.

Reactions: J.W.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I definitely considered the NATO strap and might pick one of those up for it as well. The face of this watch is actually silver (looks white in the poor pic I provided) so that is a consideration.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'd go Rush or Pink Floyd.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts