WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What Battery [Renata number] do I need for a Constellation 191.032

9K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Entikva 
#1 ·
Back in 1981, I was given an Omega "Constellation Quartz" model 191.032 with a 1330 Crystal Movement by my employer. The watch performed fine but by the time the second battery died around 1990, I had another Omega [Constellation Automatic Calibre 564] and did not renew the battery. I did have the old battery taken out so as to avoid corrosion, but, somewhere along the line, the little devil went walk about. I would like to reactivate the watch but hours of searches on-line has not been successful in identifying a chart of Omega Battery specifications by model. :think:

The problem is now that I do not know what battery I should use. Can any one provide me with the Renata or equivalent button battery number that is correct for this movement. All help greatly appreciated.

Regards
Jim N

#2 ·
According to a 2004 Omega document you will need a Renata 329 fitted with a spacer ring to hold it in place. The movement originally used a #388 mercury battery which is no longer allowed to be sold. The 329 is slightly smaller which is why the spacer ring is needed. The original size of the 388 was 11.6 X 4.2 mm. Perhaps someone knows of a replacement battery of this size.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.