WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea it this has been done before (too impatient to search), but can we ask admins to create a poll listing only the watch brands for users to vote on which brands they have (multiple selection is ok)? It will give an interesting overview of the most preferred brands. This will also help us flush out how many among us are F1 drivers who clicked on Richard Mille.

If admins need help with creating the list of brands, I'm sure we can all help (a deadline would be helpful). Let me start:

Vostok

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I have no idea it this has been done before (too impatient to search), but can we ask admins to create a poll listing only the watch brands for users to vote on which brands they have (multiple selection is ok)? It will give an interesting overview of the most preferred brands. This will also help us flush out how many among us are F1 drivers who clicked on Richard Mille.

If admins need help with creating the list of brands, I'm sure we can all help (a deadline would be helpful). Let me start:

Vostok
Pretty sure you dont need the admins to create a poll? Isnt there an option when you create a thread?

·
Premium Member
40,593 Posts
You can create a poll yourself.

However, you can only have 20 poll options.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
seems like a very unscientific and painful way of getting data. Pretty sue some polls done before.
But with hundreds of brands (even thousands) - may not be practical to have a list

At one point there was a thread that captured how much discussion is around each brand, using google searches. But that is more of discussion, not necessarily preference....

Anyway, happy to share my preferences although I think this will go nowhere:
- Brands I would most want in my collection:
Seiko\GS, Zenith, JLC, Omega, Tag Heuer, Sinn
- brands I find fascinating and have respect for
Lange, JLC, Zenith, RGM, Benzinger

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
seems like a very unscientific and painful way of getting data. Pretty sue some polls done before.
But with hundreds of brands (even thousands) - may not be practical to have a list

At one point there was a thread that captured how much discussion is around each brand, using google searches. But that is more of discussion, not necessarily preference....

Anyway, happy to share my preferences although I think this will go nowhere:
- Brands I would most want in my collection:
Seiko\GS, Zenith, JLC, Omega, Tag Heuer, Sinn
- brands I find fascinating and have respect for
Lange, JLC, Zenith, RGM, Benzinger
The point is to create a poll that will indicate what brands people have now rather than desire.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I like whatever catches my eye and has either a small track record of being stable and/or components that can be easily serviced if/when they go out of business. I love Deep Blue, Squale and Steinhart.

Backed a Kickstarter from Marloe and thought the watch was decent enough but there was some dust on the dial and the ST19 is wonky so I wouldn't buy any watch with that movement again.

Didn't think I was going to do another Kickstarter but backed the automatic chronograph from William L 1985 because the value seemed too good to pass up. I'll find out in November if that is the case.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,223 Posts
So what is it you really desire?
f95c78698cb661e0510f56622a347be5.jpg

I desire a Tudor
I do own Seiko, Casio, Stowa, Nomos

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
The point is to create a poll that will indicate what brands people have now rather than desire.
Still, it could be an enormous list and somewhat impractical.
Plus consider - I expect more people desire and prefer Rolex over Invicta, yet there is way more Invicta owners. Same for Seiko vs JLC. But Invicta and Seiko are so much cheaper - of course there will be vastly more people owning them.

Anyway, this is what I got:
- Jaeger & Benzinger
- Omega
- Zenith
- Chr Ward * 2
- Seiko * 5
- Orient
- Poljot
- Perpetual (micro from HK) - 2
- Seagull
- Mondaine

Good luck making any extrapolation here

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Rolex, Tudor (mentioned), Omega (mentioned), Hamilton, Longines, Sinn (mentioned), Montblanc, Seiko (mentioned), Citizen (surely mentioned). I'm afraid 15 spots in the poll won't be enough.

I'd echo Ender with ALS as a brand that fascinates me, and I'd add VC, AP, Patek Philippe, Philippe DuFour amongst others for myself.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I don't understand the value of the question. I think you need to ask something more specific to actually learn something useful. I'm not going to be very surprised when the most popular brands are Seiko, Swatch, Vostok, etc...

·
Registered
823 Posts
A poll on what people own is going to be influenced by the average income. By way of analogy: people admire and have screen savers of: Porsche's, Audi's, Ferrari's and Maserati's, but they own Toyota's, Nissan's and Ford's. Further, someone who coughed up for a Rolex is more likely to care about (and check this thread) than someone who invested in a Seiko from Walmart. The poll should probably have categories based on annualized income, and perhaps anatomical sizing (to prevent bias due to compensation).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts