WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if a vintage watch has 1 crown and a push button on both sides of the crown, when there is no sub dials to be a chronograph.....is it 100% likely to be an alarm watch or are there other things it could be? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
I think an alarm watch would have a crown and one pusher or two crowns

Reactions: marcc79

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Center-chrono? Even if it's just an example, a better photo would still help so we could see how many hands the watch has.

View attachment 14196425
Could be center..... I cannot get a better image..I have been trying to find a dial the same with the triangles at 12, 3, 6, 9 with the 3 buttons...no success yet...I know people complain when I say the watch is not in my hands yet. Just trying to see what options it could be.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,865 Posts
Various possibilities:

1. Chronograph with only a chrono seconds hand (e.g. Chronoswiss Chronoscope - although that specific one has a pusher in the crown as far as I remember) or with central chrono minute hand

2. Alarm watch with two buttons to operate the alarm (Junghans Cal. 89, Zenith pocket watch alarm calibre)

3. Watch with calendar features (these can have up to 4 pushers, generally around 2:00, 4:00, 8:00 and 10:00)

...and maybe some more I can't think of at present.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like it may have 2 second hands?
(Or it could just be a blur/shadow).
Could be a chronograph of some sort.

So many watches, So little time...
will see in couple days....it def looks vintage...it was a blind buy , hopefully its good :)

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Could be a 1 jewel fake chrono. Buttons stop/start the sweep hand, but if you stop it. It stops the movement.

Every time you time something. You will need to reset the time or just let the sweep hand run

Here's one on Ebay

Various designs and some sellers go all out to gussy them up to snare noobies

DON

·
Registered
604 Posts
Don't feel too bad about it, we've all been there! I once bought what I was sure was a super rare solid gold moonphase triple date chronograph, when it showed up it was a cheap quartz watch. Learn from it and be more careful, or don't and keep having fun, I don't know! My spending on the gambling lots has gone down to about a quarter of what it used to be and my spending on nicer watches has gone way up. It's not quite as exciting, but my collection of nicer watches is growing and my pile of junk is going away.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts