WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a [1545] DW-5600E, which is very much like a couple G-Shocks I had, like, 20-30 years ago. Things have changed a bit, though -- models I had were metal puck assembly with screw down case back and pushed into a rubber case; this new version has a resin case and the case back is stamped, with four screws.

Does Casio still make the G-Shock I remember from back when, and if so, what model?

Also, does not appear to have dual / second time feature. Perusing the Casio website, they are pretty sparse with their functions descriptions, so I turn to WUS...

Watch I'm looking for has:
- dual time / world time
- stopwatch with interval timer
- (optional) tough solar
- (optional) 3-hand analog time display with LCD sub-screen. But full LCD considered if it has all the other features.

What models should I be looking at...?

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you'd enjoy a classic square with a steel case underneath the soft bezel, including a screwback and Tough Solar, it's pretty much GW-5000 for you. (An excellent choice, in my opinion!) Also look into all the variants of the more recent GMW-B5000; it's a Bluetooth enabled design with also a stainless steel outer construction and bracelet. It gets pricier than the GW-5000 as well, though. Note that you can customize the GW-5000 with additional steel parts, too, but that goes into the hobbyist / aftermarket / unofficial territory, as you need to hunt for the parts and install them, and it factors into the total price and effort, etc :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
My recommendation is the GAW-100. Solar, radiocontrolled, dual time (you can set the analog hands to one zone and have another in the digital LCD), stopwatch... It has 2 hands instead of 3, but it is cheap (around 120€).

There are several variations

Mine has a blue bezel and a positive digital display

·
Registered
5,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for both these responses.

Here's what I found, when I started looking:

Casio W-S220-1BVCF "Tough Solar" Running Watch (no analog hands)

81kZh0ATKbL._UY445_.jpg

&

Casio AE-1300WH-8AVCF Illuminator (no analog hands, not solar)

91CHe6bTYrL._UY550_.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts