Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 5 6.8%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you see a watch for the first time, what feature attracts you to that watch, those long lugs? A beautiful face? those delicate hands?

·
Registered
7,512 Posts
A gorgeous face and a long, slinky bracelet......and preferably Japanese. I always did have a thing for Japanese beauties ;-)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Used to be the face, but now the legs... No, I mean the hands.

·
Registered
14,905 Posts
A nice flat bezel, nice hour markings, a 4 oclock crown, nice hands and dial, and a chunky case, all things i look at first on a divers.

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
Dial has got to be the first thing I look at. Next is probably case shape.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
yeah, dial is the 1st thing I notice. Then probably case shape & bracelet (if on a bracelet)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Dial for me.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
The forest. Then I look at the trees. I'm not going to go into a dead forest, even if it's got a gold mine deep inside if I dig enough.

·
Registered
399 Posts
The date window, always. It the equivalent of clubbed thumbs - if something ain't right about it, I just walk away.

So I guess my vote goes to "the dial".

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nah, that would be other. I actually thought about date window and crown/pushers but decided against em
The date window, always. It the equivalent of clubbed thumbs - if something ain't right about it, I just walk away.

So I guess my vote goes to "the dial".

·
Registered
277 Posts
First thing I notice within milliseconds is the type of band - and at about the same time - the color of the case/band....within about 3 seconds then my eye begins to pick up details on complication

If we're talking about passing views of pieces in the wild.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I search for watch based on functionality first, then I seem to buy whatever Amazon
suggests that fails to meet all functionality requirements... causing me to have to buy
another one... and the cycle repeats.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Is it a cop-out to say the harmony of the total package? And then I look at the individual things you mentioned, case design/shape (lack of visible crown guards has been something I find myself favoring recently), dial (the presence and absence of complications and/or blemishes), and then the hands. If I had to pick one above all else, it's the dial.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts