·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So where do you guys collect from?

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
I own or have owned watches from all over the globe; Germany, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Japan, Thailand, Russia, etc, etc b-)

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
I don't care if the watch is made in a Mongolian sweat shop, if I like it:-d , I buy it, seriously though I tend to go with German as a preference.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
My collection is largely German and Swiss, although it also has UK and Japanese and there have been Russians and Americans in there in the past.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I am the same. If it trips my trigger I don't care where it is from. I don't consider a Swiss watch a Swiss watch unless it is 100% Swiss which the majority aren't. Heck, I just like all automatic watches no matter where it comes from.

Smurfe :)

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Hi -

I do vintages, largely, and have the following dive watches:

Mortima SuperDatoMatic 100% waterproof (!)
Russian Amphibia 200M
Quartz HK Diver (Omega 300 hommage, my sauna watch...)

and I've got two Yaos on their way. Or at least in the pipeline...

JohnF

·
G-Shock Mod
14,271 Posts
mostly from Japan (seiko, citizen casio)

with a few exception of Omega(SMP), Marathon SAR, Sinn :-d

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I'm an equal opportunity collector - which ever watch fits a particular need and is both aesthetically pleasing and mechanically reliable/durable. No one country's watch manufacturing sector has a lock on those characteristics, so I buy watches constructed in Switzerland, Japan and Germany (and probably others).

James

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Probably for no other reason than they fit my purpose,

German,Swiss but i have no problem with any watch source.

Looking forward to an "American" watch the SOA.

Martin

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
I have to like the watch.
It has been primarily German up till now.
Regards
Robt

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
My favorites are German, Swiss, Russian, Japanese. In that order. Although Russian watches started my hobbie/addiction;-) because they were so affordable and the quality was good.

I like most here do not limit my watch buying to specific countries. I have found that German watches seem to be very well made for the money but then I have found that of a couple swiss brands too. Japanese watches I have had were all excellent and the Russian models except the chrono's were all excellent. I have owned a couple of Chinese Seagull watches which were nice too. So every country has something to offer. There is one American brand I really like and if I had the money I would own one in a heartbeat! Madison watches are really cool! So as others have said I buy watches based on design and quality not origin.

There is only one thing I do not like when buying watches when it comes to origin and that is dubious or misleading terms used to describe where a watch is made. I do not mind buying a Chinese watch when it is a Chinese brand. I do mind when they say they are made in Germany and are basically designed in Germany and built in China with Chinese parts.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Everywhere, but mostly German.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts