WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What did you almost sell but didn’t? Escaping the re buy and avoided the loss in sale.

I almost sold my SKX. I’m going through a re found love for quartz. Boredom and overthinking ment I was considering selling some autos. I figured the 007 and the Citizen were quite similar so... Ultimately wearing it today left me glad I thought better of it. If your not the guy that buys the Rolly sub this is your icon.

Pics of both and I expect many pics below. :)

Edit, bonus points if the eBay photos are in your camera roll. Mine are.

A095A0A2-F851-4611-AFF0-ACCD204C7D29.jpeg

13F68E5C-5444-4442-81C5-9C56EAEC54D6.jpeg

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I think I've actually listed this watch twice now, and decided against selling it both times. It's such a simple watch, nothing special about the movement, and the bracelet kind of sucks. But I just can't part with it - love the dial too much, I guess. Had it almost 10 years now!

IMG_0065.JPG IMG_0068.JPG IMG_20130418_100252.JPG IMAG0523.jpg

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess you are all good decision makers.

Let’s extend this to the already sold it but re bought it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I have no idea how many times I've listed this and took it down, I really loved the silhouette and case and fit and finish and bezel but the dial wasn't really doing it for me. I thought I could get more than I could for it because of its very limited availability, quality, and 2000m WR but I guess people got them for stupid cheap from the preorder, and I couldn't bear to part with it for less or equal to what I paid. I had thought of getting a custom strap for it for a while, and decided to finally bite the bullet. Well, now I can't get it off my wrist! Sure it's flashy, but I'm in college and my wardrobe tends to revolve around streetwear so it works with what I wear. Stock pic for bracelet comparison. It's a great bracelet, just doesn't work on the watch.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I was thinking about letting these go to help fund a white Sinn 104.

The Hamilton Khaki Field I love, but I keep thinking I should have got the 38 instead of the 42. The 42 fits me, but I can’t help think the 38 would just look and wear better in a more classic field watch size. If I sold it I would end up rebuying a 38 down the road.

The Glycine Airman I like, I just haven’t really bonded with it.

The Shinola I got such a good price on I basically bought the deal more than the watch. Not sure I’d miss it all that much.

The Seiko Panda I should wear more often, but it just doesn’t get a ton of wrist time. It’s discontinued and it’s unlikely I could replace it if I sold it. It would be the one most likely to be taken off the chopping block should I go for the 104.

I’ve decided to keep them for now, but I might change my mind, again. While the Sinn is undoubtedly a fantastic watch, I’m not 100% sold on it. Yet. If someone would like to convince me for or against on the 104 I’m listening.

·
Registered
815 Posts
This is my only one orange piece and I seldom wear it. I actually shot the ebay photos today then looked at the watch and said it's going to stay around for a while longer. It's over the top color wise but I know a lot of the people on this board go for orange watches so I thought it probably would sell rather quickly.
SH0_small.jpg

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Reactions: JakeJD

·
Premium Member
14,242 Posts
Seiko SRP773 was listed. Then I came to my senses and remembered I like blue dial watches and withdrew it from the Sales thread. Still not thrilled that it looks like a 777 and wish it were lighter in color or a deep sunburst blue like the Orient Ray.

View attachment 12891285

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,990 Posts
I was just about to start a thread called "I wish I knew how to quit you." The flip side of this same coin-- a watch that I should
sell, but can't bring myself to sell.

For me, it's my Mido Multifort 42.

It's just a tad too big. (Maybe the 38mm version of the same watch would be too small.. but maybe not)
It's just a tad too heavy for a suit/business casual watch.
I have another business casual/businessy watch (my Orix Artix 39) that gets most of the wrist time.
The oyster style bracelet is just a bit too plain.
There's a problem with the crown -- now it only screws in about a half a turn (but it's still functional).

But I just can't get over the dial. It's gorgeous. The teak texture is mesmerizing. The "dot" indices are unique. And it keeps really good time.

I wore it today just because of this thread. Maybe someday it'll get traded or flipped for a different piece, but I just don't know that I can part with it, even though it only gets about a wear a month.

I mean, look at it! (And yes, I love the German/English date wheel. It's "DIE 13" today!)
View attachment 12892625

Older pics:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was just about to start a thread called "I wish I knew how to quit you." The flip side of this same coin-- a watch that I should
sell, but can't bring myself to sell.

For me, it's my Mido Multifort 42.

It's just a tad too big. (Maybe the 38mm version of the same watch would be too small.. but maybe not)
It's just a tad too heavy for a suit/business casual watch.
I have another business casual/businessy watch (my Orix Artix 39) that gets most of the wrist time.
The oyster style bracelet is just a bit too plain.
There's a problem with the crown -- now it only screws in about a half a turn (but it's still functional).

But I just can't get over the dial. It's gorgeous. The teak texture is mesmerizing. The "dot" indices are unique. And it keeps really good time.

I wore it today just because of this thread. Maybe someday it'll get traded or flipped for a different piece, but I just don't know that I can part with it, even though it only gets about a wear a month.

I mean, look at it! (And yes, I love the German/English date wheel. It's "DIE 13" today!)
View attachment 12892625

Older pics:
I would say it’s different enough to keep in the collection. I like it!

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Usually I'm very careful with my purchases,that's why I don't sell the pieces I have,however I almost sold this watch

Until I got another pam with tobacco dial and gold hands combo then I realized it's a good combo for legibility while still looks different than another pams (black dial + black/silver hands)

·
Registered
562 Posts
I was consolidating and sold 9 watches, in 2 weeks time.
The Tuseno First 42 didn't get any offers.
I didn't bond with it, not on the milanese bracelet, not on the leather strap,
then I put a grey perlon on it, and now it is getting lots of wrist-time.
I'm so glad it found its rightful place in the collection.
IMG_20171211_205750.jpg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts