WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Re: What did you buy today?

Admittedly I bought this some time ago but it was only delivered today. 170549 with modded bezel. The blue sunburst sandwich dial is beautiful! Definitely a keeper.

Sent from my [null] using Tapatalk
That looks great, where is the bezel from?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts

Looking good, congrats! Do you know by any chance (or Meranom if reading this), will an equivalent version in 420 could be available in the future?
I have no idea, however if you really, really want that combo you can make it happen by ordering a 420 case (maybe a signed crown as well if the 710 stem is the wrong length) and paying an extra $5 to have it assembled for you.

·
Registered
646 Posts

I'm already the lucky owner of a "classical" Люкс, the well known copy of the Doxa Grafic, but i had never seen one with this dial and the Latin transcription "Ljuks" that seems to indicate it was intended for Polish and Czechoslovakian markets (as well as the SSSR at the bottom of the dial).

DSC02443-ModifierWeb.jpg

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

Posted from Omsk on the 18th of March & finally arrived today ... Ouch...

View attachment 15158559

Well... it was all worth it ;-)
I've seen only once a Vostok with a hologram foil like map on the dial much the same as this one, I wished I had snapped it up as it was on a black dial and looked super cool.

I do admire the ground out grooves for the markers, quite a cool feature.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,112 Posts

I'm already the lucky owner of a "classical" Люкс, the well known copy of the Doxa Grafic, but i had never seen one with this dial and the Latin transcription "Ljuks" that seems to indicate it was intended for Polish and Czechoslovakian markets (as well as the SSSR at the bottom of the dial).
Do you know of any other linguistic variations of this model?

·
Registered
646 Posts

Do you know of any other linguistic variations of this model?
No, I don't.
It seems quite impossible to search keywords successfully for "lux" or something similar.
When searching "ljuks" on gogol, I find mostly polish references, and then czech, but very few. But the correct polish translation (as seen on a polish forum) would be "Łucz", so this Ljuks "translation" was probably not intended for them.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts

I got this Raketa perpetual calender today. It is probable a parts watch since the date wheel is Latin while the dial is Cyrillic. But I can live with that because of how it looks. Some watches you buy for historical reasons, some to wear.

Dial.jpg
Crown.jpg
Back.jpg

·
Registered
957 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

Whatever. That is lovely.
I agree, that is a very clean piece, I have yet to get my first Perp Calendar, they seem to go for quite high prices for good examples and never seem to turn up in the dregs bins I usually rummage in lol

·
Registered
957 Posts

I agree, that is a very clean piece, I have yet to get my first Perp Calendar, they seem to go for quite high prices for good examples and never seem to turn up in the dregs bins I usually rummage in lol
:)

1 - 20 of 201 Posts