WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

181 - 200 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Seems to be my night hehe New Sekonda Xpose with union jack dial for £4, a baggie of old Swiss movements complete with dials and hands on each for a few quid and a complete PhotoKraft camera, flash and other accessories for 99p I know its all old hat regarding 35mm film but I still stand by film always looks better than pixels any day of the week and once upon a time I used to be able to process my own films as taught to me by them naughty rascally secret squirrels which we all signed up for as it was better than square bashing or being shouted at by the sergeants and the Sgt Instructor was a gawjus Womens Army Corp whom we all had a thing for til we found out she was married...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm not sure, side on it looks very much a standard Komandirskie crystal and on the full face that gap there looks like the gap a tension ring would have sat in between dial and case, is the crystal actually damaged e.g. cracked? If not then polywatch or other acrylic crystal compound would have that looking like brand new fairly quickly.
Thanks for the answer - I actually don't have the watch, it hasn't arrived yet; when it comes I'll try to make some better pictures and post them here.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I love the pragmatism of the Russian's, I ordered a 2409 movement and it arrived in the shell of a Komandirskie Cadet lol More spares for me yay

The dodgy Omega also arrived today and sat there owning my issue that one should not go on Aliexpress when stonking drunk, its not unpleasant but not quite the same as the one ordered e.g. a date window which I didn't want but therein lies a lesson.

On the other hand the Dr Marten's watch turned up and it was like fitted for my wrist, the dial is holographic with the Dr Marten imprint picked out by the hologram, yellow hands to remind of the yellow stitching and a nice pepsi bezel. The stainless steel 1970's rally or racing bracelet is awesome and a welcome addition to my collection.

As for the Cadet, sadly its tender insides are destined for a loftier purpose, to power my Radio Room build so out on the cushion it will go, its sacrifice not forgotten... (a mins silence here will be held...)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Not Russian, but it will be my grandsons first watch - he'll be 4 in August so a cheapy for him to get started (don't know what's hiding behind the back, other than it's a quartz movement - probably cheapy Chinese). Does make me think of a 110 case though.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Nothing wrong with that m8 :) When he's old enough you can pick up a Komandirskie Cadet as an introduction to a real mans watch that would serve him til adulthood and knowing there is a watch that will take enormous punishment too.

I fixed up a Flik Flak eta powered Swatch for my granddaughter and when she's older I have a very nice Sekonda quartz divers watch like a ladies subbie with a working bezel etc and when she's grown up I have a proper USSR ladies Sekonda for her as something special.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Woohoo, it pays to check your emails when you're on a waiting list:

Got a couple of date wheels that I need for my project on the side. I actually said to myself no more watches :LOL: ,I wanted just to build a few on my own - but when I got the notification that the bronze 1967 was available... well, that's why God invented credit cards, I guess ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Vostok cal. 2234 with a hacking second - didn't even know there were any

...and another Vostok, golden one this time:

I really need to stop going on ebay, I hope this is the end of my shopping spree - with me getting that last bronze 1967 on meranom that's way too much money... From now on just buying parts for my assembly-projects! The only thing that comforts me about these buys is that I could pretty easily sell these again if I wanted - I recently easily sold an old Volna which was aesthetically in much worse condition - these are mint compared to that one...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah, I figured it was some franken thing...tbh I instantly regretted that I didn't get this one with the beautiful bezel instead:

Ah well, at least my franken-compass is unique, the case looks also clean; I might play around with it, add some lume, maybe change the hands. You could also use it as a compass watch still, I guess - just use the method of pointing it to the sun, than compensate for the difference in degrees...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah, I figured it was some franken thing...tbh I instantly regretted that I didn't get this one with the beautiful bezel instead:

Ah well, at least my franken-compass is unique, the case looks also clean; I might play around with it, add some lume, maybe change the hands. You could also use it as a compass watch still, I guess - just use the method of pointing it to the sun, than compensate for the difference in degrees...
Vostok is an exception from the rule, therefore, it could be consider as a mod, not a franken watch, and this compass case is relatively rare.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Vostok is an exception from the rule, therefore, it could be consider as a mod, not a franken watch, and this compass case is relatively rare.
Oh, didn't know about the compass case, thanks. I am actually debating on replacing the dial with any of these that I got from ebay:

well, probably not the third one, but maybe the first or the second if they fit.

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
If am not mistaken, all of them are for 24XX caliber, whereas you need a dial for a 22XX one. The distance between dial's feet is not the same.
Would just the size be a problem? Cause the feet I could just cut off and attach the dial with adhesive strips.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I never do it, but it's your call.
Sorry to bother you, but maybe you'd know - I found some dials for a 2214, but it gives me two sizes in diameter to choose from: 27.8mm and 29.6mm. Would you know what size would fit, or is it something you can't tell and you'd have to measure it (when the watch arrives). Would both sizes fit?

181 - 200 of 201 Posts