WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

301 - 320 of 356 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Hehe Google remembered my card dets... and so £13 pounds of the finest quids later...

A 3050, a 3056, a Luch quartz and two Chaika pocket watches... The Poljot is the same colour as my one here and seem quite clean in there...

The gold pocket watch has a standard Lozengey type quartz, the silver one looks very much like a Remex, the Luch the hairspring is badly magnetised as its bunched up tighter than a nun's after her first vindaloo and seeing the gear wheel on the 50 is firm and proper placement so should get at two of the square types I will have running and now I got the very type of Luch electro-mechanical I was looking at.

To be fair, this sort of bundle is far and few between so I will take my naggies, stampies, pouties and take it on the chin like a man but the rewards to have two or more of the big square beasts running... and that highly unusual hybrid plus two pocket watches... result :D

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
antikvarua is the seller name as this was the chap I got my first Amphibia from and my Pobeda "puck" and have both worked beautifully, he has quite some unusual stuff, his clearance bundles are on the last couple pages if ppl looking for a specific type for parts. There is a Luch with the heavy fitted bracelet and facted crystal I have which has a sproinged hairspring, def worth a gander.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I actually ordered a used Sturmanskie 3133 (supposedly in "excellent condition"), I than ordered a (supposedly) new Okean case and (supposedly) new Okean dial with hands (from a shady Russian website) and plan to build an Okean chronograph out of those things. I have never ever done such a thing before, most of my modding is restricted to changing straps and disassembeling broken down watches (but not assembeling them again). Pray for me guys and girls.

PS. It would have probably been cheaper just to find an Okean on ebay ( but, again, where's the fun in that?)
PPS. I'd imagine the movement holders are the same for the Sturmanskie and the Okean? Please don't tell me they aren't. Also, are the movement holders of a Buran the same as Okean (and Sturmanskie)?

·
Registered
219 Posts
By the way, forgot to mention what came in the mail today: the Kanagawa Wave lumed dial!!! This will be my Holy Grail of modding - putting it in a Vostok - probably Amphibia - case! But I need to do some simpler stuff first. It actually shouldn't even be so difficult, I just have to learn to use adhesive strips as the holding pins don't fit and will have to go (maybe I'll cut them off and then glue them in a Vostok-position?)...
Oh and again by the way, in the background you can see what a bulky monster the bronze 1967 is compared to a normal 090.

PS. forgot to show the lume!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Found this Sportivnie in good condition for $25. Not working but I’m gonna give it a shot on the repair....maybe. Mostly for display and historical purposes. I’ll be able to clean it up by hand polishing the case, micro abrasive pads for the crystal, and very carefully Rodico the dial edges. As a bonus it came with this cool Leningrad bracelet, unfortunately the Coat of Arms has rubbed off.

Here’s my first pocket watch purchase, a Molijna. The red dial caught my eye and I thought $19 USD was fair. Anyone know if I can easily replace the crystal? My limited experience tells me those are internal stress cracks and will not polish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Ooo I like that wavy dial and wow, the 67 is massive compared to a standard 090 o_O

Its nice to see a Sportivnie, I have been on the hunt for a dial and stem for the perfectly working one I bought to nick the stem from for my Gagarin but now I have the stem I can match it via Cousins maybe for another one, the dial on the one I have is absolutely toasted, dunno if the chap worked in a chemical factory or someone tried to repaint it and it went wrong but it looks like the paint has melted and then congealed into a very horrid looking abomination.

Oh and the gods of ebay, they never let me down... did my usual perusal of parts I wanted and on a whim put in "Pulsar watch hands" and for £9 popped up this beauty, a complete Pulsar v600 movement with the correct hands in not been tinkered with so my v600 is very much a step closer to living again and these incredible watches in good order are fetching whopping prices too.

I did a review on my channel on the "Okean-ish" Slava I got yesterday (link in signature) and my Bliger big black and orange thingy (clean thoughts please folks :p) which is abs gawjus except the NATO strap is two or three inches too short arrgh, the strap is a very nice thick soft fabric too but who would wear this? Stickman or Slendaman or whatever they call the thing?

I also have noticed canteen crowns are becoming the next thing, Parnis, Paulearis, something weird called "Age Girl" o_O all have released canteen crown watches, I have earmarked a Parnis lefty chrono not decided yet on going with the lume orange or lume bright green as yet, the Paulearis has much the same but half the price but looking through the comments from buyers its not as reliable and lots of fuming buyers so maybe will give that one a miss.

The "Age Girl" (who on earth puts THAT on a mans watch????) is cheaper still and have a "U boat" homage with the canteen crown and looks pretty hawt if it weren't for the big stupid name on it so have messaged seller asking if they can provide me with an orange lume version WITHOUT the pathetic name, said here in the UK people would think you were dodgy and liked lurking in toilets sort of thing.

So with todays arrived parts v600 and the complete v600 in the pic I hope to have my Pulsar dancing its hands around sometime soon...

Homing in on the last 30 secs or so regulating my Slava tank auto, all of my Slava's seem to have this "timing" dimple on the line of the stud cock and it makes sense on assembly to have quick set markings.

Project 710 is well under way, I am torn between the all lume scuba dude sandwich dial I found and the Zakas MO plain black small star dial I got, if I go with the scuba dude (and I would rather not, who knows where he's been o_O prob with the age girl) then I will go down the route with modern Seiko turtle or something like that hands, also found very cheap jagged lightning second hands on Aliexpress (google miyota watch hands), if I go with the Zakas dial then I will work with something more period, maybe some blue lume paddles from Mr Favinov or broad swords.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,197 Posts
I think I can confidently say I have never before seen a watch like that wrapped around a Raketa movement. It looks like it needs a canteen crown. I wonder how one mocks up such a thing...🔨🔧

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Are those sprinklers on the four segments? Or impaling swords that swoosh out all James Wong double oh love you long time? I know, its the watch worn by the bowler hat wearing giant asiatic butler, feeds him new bowler hats for the spinning of at people dropping crumbs on his pristine floor...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Are those sprinklers on the four segments? Or impaling swords that swoosh out all James Wong double oh love you long time? I know, its the watch worn by the bowler hat wearing giant asiatic butler, feeds him new bowler hats for the spinning of at people dropping crumbs on his pristine floor...

Yes it's pretty goofy; but goofy is good. Dial claims waterproof to 300 meters; I don't know if I'd trust it past washing my hands. Looks like it had a screwdown crown and they hacked it off to fit the raketa 2609. Watched your video on the slava and black watch; nice to be able to link a face to the name.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Thank you, I am getting better at the video's hehe I get told off for having an old Soviet navy ensign on my wall behind me but hey I like Soviet watches, makes sense to have a bloody big Soviet flag to show this?

You are talking to the right person about goofy stuff, I abs love some of the wacky things out there and yes I would buy what you did if I had seen it and worn it with pride too. I'm trying to find out why my Chaika Stadium is going slow for no reason as that is the watch of goofyness, the poison evil eye ooo love it :)

I had a watch from Canada arrive today, a brand new quartz Gruen, apparently they have a factory over in Canada and bloke was backdoor selling some stock mainly football and baseball theme watches but in amongst them he had 20 of these Gruen's and the equivalent of about 5 pounds AND less than a pound postage :)

The Bliger was really a test, all these people raving on about the Miyota 8215 auto and I love neon/fluorescent colours and the orange lume just done it for me. If I get another, it will be a Seagull DG, prob a GMT, not going to go mad on these as I prefer me old Russian pieces all day long and wore the Slava all day on its thick beads of rice bracelet, it looks so good and it has actual glass, not acrylic which is unusual for any Russian lol

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Today is a strap day with the arrival of a navy 22mm for my homebuilt radio room, a two piece for my grille'd up 090 and a super heavy Ingersoll/Diamond Co bracelet for my Bliger as hating on the horrid too short strap.

You will all no doubt rejoice in I have bought a Samsung camera with the almost mesmerising lens thingy as it zips in and out to get the best focus, very nice bit o' kit and means I can stop messing about with this stupido fone setup.

On the Samsung, my daughter says it looks like a metal willy and I am like "you can't say things like that", it is a bit "urgent" o_O

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Ingersoll now on and bye bye 3 inches too short bloody nato, bracelet caught me out too as the rose gold one I put on my aliexpress special Lige had pins, this one has screw solid links, def recommend these Ingersoll heavy solid bracelets, they are 20mm, come in rose gold, gold, gold with embedded gem, polished ss and pvd black, can't remember the seller but search ebay for Diamond & Co bracelet and you will see them and at £8 a real stonker of a bargain imho.

(Here's the seller and link to this bracelet - INGERSOLL BRACELET WATCH STRAP (IG0305 II ) | eBay)

Now its turn of Amphibia's for some NATO love... hey I wonder if Age Girl wants to watch :p

·
Registered
219 Posts
I need to stop scrolling through watch sites and find something else to do, otherwise I end up unavoidably buying something although I gave myself a "buying ban" for the time being - but then I saw this guy was available on Komandirskie.com :

...aaand so much for my buying ban. Not to be so harsh on myself, I always wanted to get this model, but it was always out of stock, didn't want to miss out on it again.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
bought today

Wow what a lovely piece, I very rarely see these in my feeds, I do have a NOS dial very similar to this and a Zakas too I haven't decided as yet what to put it on. Only fault is a tiny piece of paint has been scraped off during storage on the black so not a big issue repairing that slight mar.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I need to stop scrolling through watch sites and find something else to do, otherwise I end up unavoidably buying something although I gave myself a "buying ban" for the time being - but then I saw this guy was available on Komandirskie.com :

View attachment 15363165

...aaand so much for my buying ban. Not to be so harsh on myself, I always wanted to get this model, but it was always out of stock, didn't want to miss out on it again.
I've been every evening looking at my next Aliexpress and the forty million thieves purchase, I have it down to a) a 710 Amphibia b) a Parnis big numeral lume chrono c) the bits to do my custom 710 build d) a Parnis Yachtmaster or Tudor homage the latter in coffee and rose gold e) another Invicta...

301 - 320 of 356 Posts