WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1441 - 1460 of 1486 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
A few weeks ago I ordered the 170962 (blue) and 170963 (brown) from vostokinc for under $100 each! Unfortunately they contacted me because there was a problem with the blue dials coming from the plant... and everyone has been out of stock ever since. Pissed. I knew I wanted the blue but had hesitated, deciding between the black and brown for the second watch before placing the order. They did do the right thing and offered me a 170548 on a bracelet at the same price and they’re en route.

At around the same time I found my holy grail! A bright orange dialed scuba dude on Soviet Market and spent a few days deciding how I wanted to custom order it. After I placed that order they contacted me because they had sold out just prior to my placing the order. Reallly pissed. But, i sucked it up and added a few dollars to buy a 710AN1 which is also en route.

Well after reading how @Ligavesh got lucky and picked up a SE 420B34 that popped up on Meranom I’ve been checking every vendor, morning and night for the 170962 and this morning one popped up on Meranom and I pulled the trigger ON THE SPOT! and I was so excited I paid extra for DHL Express delivery and I’ll probably have it before the others arrive...

Keep checking those sites if there’s something you want- you never know when one or two are back in stock!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
A couple more Vostok’s showed up today. I cleaned up the Amphibian with the movement out and upon re-casing it I had the same problem I always seem to have with those dang 2409’s, a struggle seating the crown. I’ve read to put pressure on the movement toward the crown while pressing the crown in and also pressing the stem release button. Something also about using tweezers to grip the stem and work it that way back into the movement? Still didn’t get it in there correctly. I’ll have another go at it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I always undo the movement holding ring screws which give me a bit of wiggle room to help seat the stem then when its clicked in place I can then check its all lined up, do the two screws up and job done.

Plastic rings I have sometimes encountered sprue tags which can change the geometry inside the cavity by half a millimetre but enough to hinder stem engagement, I've converted all my plastic ones to metal ones as I don't like those plastic rings one bit.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I just bought the Zissou Amphibia in a 710 case from meranom; I already have a 420 case from my very first Vostok watch (RIP), so I'll transfer it in that case when it arrives (that much modding I'm capable of), and I already have a strap, I just need the Zissou caseback - hopefully it comes back in stock soon.

I could've gotten it in a 420 case from Komandirskie, but this way I'll get an extra 710 case for modding (which probably will never happen, but it's good to have dreams). Oh, and I need a beanie.

This would be my second 'movie watch', after my paid-out-of-my-ass Brad Pitt's Citizen 8110A from Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I just bought the Zissou Amphibia in a 710 case from meranom; I already have a 420 case from my very first Vostok watch (RIP), so I'll transfer it in that case when it arrives (that much modding I'm capable of), and I already have a strap, I just need the Zissou caseback - hopefully it comes back in stock soon.

I could've gotten it in a 420 case from Komandirskie, but this way I'll get an extra 710 case for modding (which probably will never happen, but it's good to have dreams). Oh, and I need a beanie.

This would be my second 'movie watch', after my paid-out-of-my-ass Brad Pitt's Citizen 8110A from Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
You paid out of your small donkey for a citizen?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Is it just me or does anyone else have shipments with tracking that hasn't been updated since last Friday, when it shows they left Russia and were forwarded to the carrier? I have two that have been moving together apparently...

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
You paid out of your small donkey for a citizen?
I paid a lot of money for it, likely way too much, just because it's 'Brad Pitt's watch from OUTH' - let's put it like that.

On the other hand, movie Vostoks cost the same as regular Vostoks...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Is it just me or does anyone else have shipments with tracking that hasn't been updated since last Friday, when it shows they left Russia and were forwarded to the carrier? I have two that have been moving together apparently...
Update: apparently both shipments were routed through Poland...

17track says "Poland, WAW, Carrier processing, Uplifted"

Has anyone else had this happen or have any idea how long it may take to get to me from there?

1441 - 1460 of 1486 Posts