WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

141 - 160 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Congrats, it's a beauty. One of the few still on my list.
I wouldn't call it an Atom though...
Why not? To me a Raketa Atom is a 2609 based dress watch with indecis indicated by discrete geometrical lines. The three arcs are perhaps the most iconic design, but there are other variations as well.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Why not? To me a Raketa Atom is a 2609 based dress watch with indecis indicated by discrete geometrical lines. The three arcs are perhaps the most iconic design, but there are other variations as well.
The arcs kinda look like someone didn't drill out the windows for the perpetual calendar lol Still a very stylish piece and I have yet to get some Raketa's, them and Zim's are the only two brand in the lower echelons I haven't acquired yet. (I keep getting distracted by wandering Slava and migrating Poljot with the odd Chaika in the mix hehe)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Raketa used around 4 or 5 (2 2209 including yours and 2 or 3 2609 ) designs based on these thin lines and geometrical forms that certainly form a "family", but only one of them reminds (and not even that much according to me) an atom.
Anyway, these are unofficial names used by people to designate a certain -type of- watch, so it can change with time and sensibilities, and the most important is that we understand what we talk about...

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
OK, I put my hands up... I bought a Limit Emergency watch as became immensely intrigued in these emergency watches and what they do, mine cost £6 as didn't have enough for the £3000 Breitling emergency hehe

Bit miffed as I have lost my other AU10 square Sekonda, the one that is immaculate but not working and I have hunted high and low for the bally thing so a bit grumpy about that as that had its original never worn rolled gold expander on it too /cry

Have decided I will keep my Slava auto as is as a chap I speak to about Slava's via ebay and email said to me the ornate "clock" hands were awful and is going to sort me a set of simple black ones thinking unlikely the shafts themselves are damaged by the cheap pot metal hands.

Trying to work out how to get into my black Sekonda type 39, its one of them where the caseback attaches to the movement and doesn't want to come free...

·
Registered
44 Posts
First I’d like to apologize for the quality of these photos. They were all taken by the sellers. Too many items have caught my eye recently, and I’m afraid it’s time to delete all my shopping apps, haha.
I’m in the process of transitioning my collection into a display (pics coming in the next few weeks) and apparently I think I need to fill the display sooner than later.

BELOW- Does anyone happen to know what watch/company this bracelet came on? Before today I hadn’t seen it and decided it would be nice to keep on hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
First I’d like to apologize for the quality of these photos. They were all taken by the sellers. Too many items have caught my eye recently, and I’m afraid it’s time to delete all my shopping apps, haha.
I’m in the process of transitioning my collection into a display (pics coming in the next few weeks) and apparently I think I need to fill the display sooner than later.

BELOW- Does anyone happen to know what watch/company this bracelet came on? Before today I hadn’t seen it and decided it would be nice to keep on hand.

As far as I know, this is a general soviet Bracelet with the propaganda theme. Made by some factory that was producing various common goods (lock, combs, shoe horns, etc).

·
Registered
44 Posts
As far as I know, this is a general soviet Bracelet with the propaganda theme. Made by some factory that was producing various common goods (lock, combs, shoe horns, etc).
Thank you Odessa200. That will make it easier for me to pair it up with any of my propaganda pieces I choose to in the future.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I do like that bracelet, have a few Leningrad anniversary arm shavers but not seen many so far and most my watches come in missing bracelets and straps anyway.

Have got my Luch out ready to see if I can turn its clasp round or more likely somehow get the pins out of the lugs, the tang of the clasp is on the left and it is irritating as hell and catches on pockets and I am going to end up with a decked watch or like one scary moment, down the toilet o_O

·
Registered
531 Posts
I do like that bracelet, have a few Leningrad anniversary arm shavers but not seen many so far and most my watches come in missing bracelets and straps anyway.

Have got my Luch out ready to see if I can turn its clasp round or more likely somehow get the pins out of the lugs, the tang of the clasp is on the left and it is irritating as hell and catches on pockets and I am going to end up with a decked watch or like one scary moment, down the toilet o_O
Had that on my TiN Luch, not a hard job to turn it around.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Ordered the dial I was interested in - as the seller had knocked $10 off the price - be rude not tob-):-d
dial2.jpg
Just got to wait for the Russian Post now (even more!):-d

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Ordered the dial I was interested in - as the seller had knocked $10 off the price - be rude not tob-):-d
View attachment 15247135
Just got to wait for the Russian Post now (even more!):-d
Looking forward to the build m8 :) I am struggling with a weird Poljot Sekonda, saw the balance wanted to move then discovered the balance arm shim embedded into the movement ring holder... so got it back in, now ticking lovely but the keyless works is a bit strange, the hands are moving out of sync and its jumping between time setting and wind but at least the clockwork is going now :)

My Poljot quartz turned up today, its a 3056 in pristine condition movement side, slapped a new battery in it and it ran for about 30 seconds then stopped, the frustrating thing too is the 3056 is completely different to the 3050 and the 3056A aaargh My 3050 every thing is working except the main drive wheel I thought the pivot was snapped off but measuring it against the 3056's pivot lengths, its not broken but it just won't engage into the jewel hole, unlikely its a bent bridge as that is a solid slug of metal so all that is holding up the 3050 is to get that drive wheel to engage with the top jewel :S

I guess I am gonna have to pick up some more broken quartz to amass a working parts base as I want to build up my pepsi bullseye slava which is a 56A but don't want to plunder my other 56A which is in perfect visual conditon but nothing getting to the stepper so need to have the circuit board off again to pull off the caps and resistor once again to see if I missed anything. I am thinking the chip is the bad boy here and I have super continuity on all parts of the circuit board, the coil energises quite lively, doubtful if I will find a NOS chip anytime soon...

With the pepsi I have toyed with the idea if I can somehow wangle a Miyota 2115 in there, after all its really affixing the movement and having the right length stem I can see mechanical wise, its whether the hands would fit but just remembered I bought a few sets of blue and red 2115 hands for my Safari so maybe I will franken the old beast up yet :p

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
It does looks like this model was sold with an intended specific strap, in the same fashion as the Italian Raketa, Poljot or Vostock or the German "Royal Trade" KGB Vostok were.
From the Russian forum, this model is rarely encountered domestically, whereas quite a few have surfaced in France & yours was close by in the UK .
Also the dial is not marked Заказ мо СССР, but Сделано в СССР indicating a general release.

IMO that re-enforces the gut feeling that the Serjantskie might have well been one of those small export contract ?
I have seen quite a few of them now, don't recall two examples being fitted with the same strap; most likely they were mainly sold without it, but if I had to make an educated guess about a possible factory original first equipment I would think of a plain black leather strap as seen on its twin 291233 model in the 1990 Tento catalog. Photo isn't super clear but apparently there's no CCCP embossed on it.

I am also skeptical about Serjantskies having been made specifically for export, agree they are not common but it's not impossible to find them in Russia, too... just yesterday an example was sold on Meshok, and not too long ago on the same site there was an ad for 3 or 4 NOS spare dials.
IMHO given the production period the presence of the Заказ мо СССР isn't a conclusive proof: tons of Komandirskies exported to Italy at the peak of the Soviet-style hype had that marking.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Unfortunately it has a wrong movement. Should be HP. Other than that it is Ok.
Sorry but you had asked for it.
View attachment 15246839

would this be the correct movement?
No. Type-wise, yes, this is the right one. But these watches were made in the late 70s and early 80s and I believe an old style movement with bevels should be used. Similar to what you watch has. So you need a beveled HP.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Congrats, it's a beauty. One of the few still on my list.
I wouldn't call it an Atom though...
Raketa used around 4 or 5 (2 2209 including yours and 2 or 3 2609 ) designs based on these thin lines and geometrical forms that certainly form a "family", but only one of them reminds (and not even that much according to me) an atom.
Anyway, these are unofficial names used by people to designate a certain -type of- watch, so it can change with time and sensibilities, and the most important is that we understand what we talk about...

Vintage models didn't have names back then, but no doubt the factory had a clear idea of which dial take as inspiration for their officially-designed modern "Atom" watch. ;-)

atom.JPG

5e984d.jpg

(source)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Cheeky little £6.50 Slava movement ftw, local chap too

cheap slava movement.PNG

I see the Indian's are back with a vengeance my feeds are full of "similar to what you looked at" so... looking at a Vostok means I want to buy a poorly done Citizen, prices gone up with a vengeance too (no more free post on many and £10 a post is a bit of robbery going on there too) and for some reason I keep getting Rado Diastar's offered at £59 and its rotten as I do want a Diastar but I ain't buying any more Indian watches, although my 7009 is running fine I had to bodge a movement holder which had snapped and I can imagine the Diastar's being painted in a gold colour, some poor peasant family moved inside to power the works and the bracelet made out of a mixture of iron filings, cow manure and gold paint lol

I will say the Citizen I bought originally has been absolutely perfect, the very very unusual "letterbox" case Orient Tri-star is another thing altogether and an abject mess, a shame as it is such a lovely case.

141 - 160 of 201 Posts