WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1741 - 1760 of 1887 Posts

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Oops! I really didn't want to spend what I did on this auction, however I've been looking for my first Vostok Signal to add to my collection for quite a while, but nothing took my eye, until this one.

Hopefully be with me in a month or so from Moldova.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I'm really obsessed and always doubt the authenticity of some of my watches, so again ( :rolleyes: ), I bought a couple that seem more authentic than the ones I had:

This one I have in a silver case that always seemed a bit wrong to me (adding to that, it doesn't work well, it needs a service), so hopefully more luck with this one. Might end up selling the old one, I dunno. (Btw, haven't found this model in a catalogue).

This one I bought cause my Big zero has a somewhat 'darker' dial (sunburnt?), not as shiny white as the ones I've seen on internet. This one looks ok, all the right parts, it has the correct movement, and it comes from the same seller who sold me the 'small' Big Zero - which is stellar and I'm very happy with - so hopefully this one will be just as good.

Paypal payment in monthly rates is to blame for this, IMO, otherwise I wouldn't have bought them.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Reactions: davxls

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I bought this one today:

I've tried to be more restrained in my shopping, but what's often happened is I would wait for a certain period to buy something so that 'I wouldn't buy too much' in a short time. What that resulted in was all the watches I'd been following one day would disappear from the list, or were 'not available any more' (i.e. someone else bought them). So when I see an example in such a good condition like the one above for a decent price I just buy them, I can sell some of my other Amphibias later to make the purchase ' less painfull'.

I beleive the watch above to be authentic, maybe the lume on dial and hands hasn't aged enough, but it doesn't look new either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
First ever post so please forgive me for any formatting errors.

I just ordered a vintage Vostok Amphibia Desert Shield from Redditor cccpwatch:

I only just got into watches a couple months ago. This is my second pickup since falling down the rabbit-hole. I grew up in Russia, so was naturally drawn to the Soviet and Russian-made watches. Also ordered a grey NATO for this bad boy. Very excited all around!

·
Registered
5,210 Posts

View attachment 16014776 View attachment 16014777 View attachment 16014778

I only just got into watches a couple months ago. This is my second pickup since falling down the rabbit-hole. I grew up in Russia, so was naturally drawn to the Soviet and Russian-made watches. Also ordered a grey NATO for this bad boy. Very excited all around!
Welcome. Great choice!

·
Registered
955 Posts

Добро пожаловать!

Instagram: @vta_watch

·
Registered
1,155 Posts

Prokhanov's article on the background is intentional or just a coincidental choice?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts

Nice Desert Shield! This is the 2414A version of the watch...

·
Registered
341 Posts
I bought this one today:

View attachment 16012807

I've tried to be more restrained in my shopping, but what's often happened is I would wait for a certain period to buy something so that 'I wouldn't buy too much' in a short time. What that resulted in was all the watches I'd been following one day would disappear from the list, or were 'not available any more' (i.e. someone else bought them). So when I see an example in such a good condition like the one above for a decent price I just buy them, I can sell some of my other Amphibias later to make the purchase ' less painfull'.

I beleive the watch above to be authentic, maybe the lume on dial and hands hasn't aged enough, but it doesn't look new either.
That happens to me a bit too. See a good watch at a fair price. "Should I... Shouldn't I..." - Gone! Someone else got it.
On the bright side it means I must have good taste, if someone else liked it as much (or more) than me. :)

Recently the opposite has happened. Watches I've had "bookmarked" for months (some back to last year!) still sit there.
Maybe they are too expensive for what they are? Finally I gave in and bought 2. I must have some bad taste ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Happy weekend Comrades,

this morning, a widow who knows that I am collecting Russian watches handed me over those four Vostoks. No scratches, I think her beloved husband has never worn one of them!!

Now I am asking myself, should they stay or should they go!?

The Scuba is fine, but those other three? I was never fighting in Irak and the wolf and those tanks are even not my style.

What price should I estimate for a private sale in the Internet?

I have never sold a watch out of my collection, so it will be probably my first time!

Thanks for your feedback and Cheers!

Dondo

Watch Brown Analog watch White Light

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Happy weekend Comrades,

this morning, a widow who knows that I am collecting Russian watches handed me over those four Vostoks. No scratches, I think her beloved husband has never worn one of them!!

The Scuba is fine, but those other three? I was never fighting in Irak and the wolf and those tanks are even not my style.

I have never sold a watch out of my collection, so it will be probably my first time!

Dondo

View attachment 16015976
I'd keep them but that's just my opinion! I bought KGB and GRU dialled Aphibia just because I thought they would be good in my collection; never thought I'd wear either but I do wear them just as much as the others!

That wolf is great!

Reactions: jimzilla

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Happy weekend Comrades,

Dondo

View attachment 16015976
about 50$ each.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hi All,
First post in Russian/USSR forum :)
Just bought this Vostok 341180, NOS, +30years in the box from someone who have bought them right before moving to Israel at early '90.
On the first hands move to set the time/date the lume falls on dial so perhaps will need to service/oil (that was my initial thoughts anyway) then either re-lume or leave as-is...
What would be the suggestions about hands re-lume? if I'll go that path I would do this to hands only, would like to keep the dial in original condition.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Just couldn't say no to this-

A good condition Albatross without its movement and hands but with everything else! The case looks good with the radial lines still present.

Dial is good with a small mark near the center-

Luckily I have some hands from my earlier projects so all I have to do is track down a correct "SU" marked 2409A movement.

1741 - 1760 of 1887 Posts