WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1761 - 1780 of 1887 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I really don't have any experience in polishing, might send it to a guy I know.
Assuming the crystal is plastic it's quite simple; dab a small amount of toothpaste on the crystal and gently polish in a circular fashion using a microfibre cloth (I use the basic ones from the supermarket household cleaning section). Only takes a few minutes to polish out small scratches. I suggested Brasso but have never tried it myself but it's been recomended on WUS by a few people for deeper scratches.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
i agree. These are NOT scratches that can be polished. These are cracks due to the age of the crystal. You wear it as is (carefully) or you replace the crystal. No other choice.
I think replacing the crystal for this model would be nigh impossible, since I can't even find a replacement crystal for the much more common Raketa 24 hours models. Of course, one could try to find a non-original, but as similar as possible crystal -though the question is how good would that look...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Good morning Comrades,

I bought a new rubber strap for my 1967, but I am too silly to fix it to my watch! I am trying about 30 minutes to fix it, no chance! Is there a certain trick to respect, my old leather strap isnt't that "fat"!!

Thnaks in advance for your feedback, anyway I wish yo all a nice weekend!

Best regards

Dondo
Watch Clock Natural material Watch accessory Font

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I think you got super lucky. You will see the case is a bit bigger than the regular and hence more visible under the bezel.
Well I hope you're right :) It's still travelling, but here are some pics from the add, maybe you can tell from these pictures what model it is:

It also says it weighs 54 grams for some reason

1761 - 1780 of 1887 Posts