WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

161 - 180 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Got this in the mail today along with the coin. I have no clue what the coin is but it was in with my package. Anyone know how to read Russian?? Got the watch from an online selling app so technically it’s used but it appears unworn and was in the original box.

Attachments

·
Registered
754 Posts
Got this in the mail today along with the coin. I have no clue what the coin is but it was in with my package. Anyone know how to read Russian?? Got the watch from an online selling app so technically it’s used but it appears unworn and was in the original box.
Your watch is a Komandirskie 211289 which is current manufacture, the coin is a 25 Rouble coin commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
In my experience it's rather difficult to find a suitable pink strap to highlight the fashion look of the watch, if it doesn't perfectly match the nuance the outcome could be quite unsatisfactory... may I suggest you to also consider the digits and think about a light grey strap? :)

DSCF4732.JPG

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
In my experience it's rather difficult to find a suitable pink strap to highlight the fashion look of the watch, if it doesn't perfectly match the nuance the outcome could be quite unsatisfactory... may I suggest you to also consider the digits and think about a light grey strap?

View attachment 15249443
I went for a bracelet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
My Sportivnie arrived today and its such a shame as its flawless other than the dial being absolutely destroyed...

Went to put the stem into the Gagarin and it wouldn't go... so after finagling it all about I managed with some contortionism to get the USB scope looking right into the movement and the old stem is still in there arrgh and its just over the case lip so I can't drop the movement out /cry

I will admit this, another faux pas buying, I managed to find just about the ONLY Dr Martens limited edition Sekonda with the highly polished SS racing bracelet and the case being a subbie-a-like, I don't care, don't judge me for liking it, yes I know its a crappy Miyota 2115 in there but being an old skinhead/scooterboy who never grew up its like a kebab to a pis... person who drinks a lot :p

Another result though, the very old Sekonda below, I had the back off and after a bit of scouring with the rodico in the visible jewels except those under the balance, I got quite some nasty build up from out them holes and a judicial dab with the ol' superfine oiler in the bits I could get at, a bit on the click, winding mech and a dab on the stem to give that a fighting chance and it started going for longer and longer until it made its first full minute under its own steam. So I thought just wear it for a bit see if the heat helps it out and now its up and running, keeping very good time so its back from the dead at least but prob does need an urgent service but at least I know it works :)

So thought to give a catch up on one fine piece at least, I must admit to wearing my Alba a bit but today its my grilled Amphibia as surprisingly that is the one that gathers most comments from strangers and all are surprised its a humble Russian divers watch...

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
My only Pobeda is the same top one you have, it came on a very unusual tooled cuff strap and it works for about 15 mins but is so frail its been left alone as its just too fragile for my clumsy hands, yours looks to be quite an old beauty in far better condition than mine :)
I came across it looking for something else entirely, but I thought it was pretty striking. The movement looks to be in good shape, but, of course I won't be able to tell for sure until it arrives. Now I just have to wait for who knows how long (coming from Ukraine). Can't wait to see it in person.

·
Registered
71 Posts
So I bought this old Vostok on ebay - I actually tend to avoid used watches on account of bad experiences, but this one caught my eye from the moment I saw it...

Obviously, the crystal needs changing - for the more knowledgeable guys around, if I were to change it myself, is the glass the normal Komandirskie glass you can find on ebay? It looks lower and thinner than the Amphibia's, here a couple more pics:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I'm not sure, side on it looks very much a standard Komandirskie crystal and on the full face that gap there looks like the gap a tension ring would have sat in between dial and case, is the crystal actually damaged e.g. cracked? If not then polywatch or other acrylic crystal compound would have that looking like brand new fairly quickly.

161 - 180 of 201 Posts