WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1781 - 1800 of 1887 Posts

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Well I hope you're right :) It's still travelling, but here are some pics from the add, maybe you can tell from these pictures what model it is:

View attachment 16030191

View attachment 16030193

View attachment 16030194

It also says it weighs 54 grams for some reason
It will be lighter than steel but I have no clue how many grams. The photo you want is the straight down (face shot). Pay attention how much of the case is visible from under the bezel. Bezels are same size but the Ti case is bigger (and lighter).

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
It will be lighter than steel but I have no clue how many grams. The photo you want is the straight down (face shot). Pay attention how much of the case is visible from under the bezel. Bezels are same size but the Ti case is bigger (and lighter).
Will make a pic when it arrives, hopefully tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I know Ruhlas have increased in price but what do you think of this?

View attachment 16031005
I predict.... no one buying it. Anyway, I ordered a while ago a 710526 - since the 'normal' 420 Zissou was sold out, and thinking I could transplant the insides into my old 420 case from a water-damaged 420280... That didn't go so well, as the case was dirty, and when trying to clean it, I managed to push the crystal out... long story... Anyway, the 280 innards went into the 710 case - which didn't look bad - but I wanted my old 420280 dammit! It was my first Vostok ever! So I decided to look for a 420 with an interesting dial (and on a rubber strap - as a spare, just in case something happens to the Zissou strap) that would go into the 710 case (I figured why buy just a 420 case and then have an 'empty' 710 case, when the case is about half the price of a complete watch anyway? So I looked at a few watches, was close to getting the 331, 469, 448 or the 394 dials, but ended up with this 'stylized' Radio Room dial:

Before the 'transplant':

After the 'transplant' (which is super easy on an Amphibia, even a doofus like me can do it with no problems) - I have my 420280 back! It will also get it's old Nato strap back, the rubber strap goes into reserves for the Zissou. I also think the 'new' 710 doesn't look too bad, either:

Couple of notes: it seems the 'new' 420s (from Soviet Market) come with a new, slightly different crown with a slightly 'rounded' edge - which I don't mind. Also, when I finally learn how to change hands on a watch, I might replace the hands on the 710 - I think paddle hands like on the new Pamphibias would look much cooler (or I'll get the hands and pay someone to do it for me - which is more likely, tbh).

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Finally upgrading to a watch storage box.
View attachment 16030896
Except it isn't a watch storage box.
View attachment 16030898
View attachment 16030899
But I'm thinking with a bit of conversion work...
View attachment 16030900
...I might end up with something I can use.
View attachment 16030902
Is that storage box made of steel? You may want to see if it is magnetic. If the storage box is magnetic your watches will pick up the magnetism. I used to store my watches in a gun safe but had to switch them to a wooden chest because they all got magnetized. Sorry to say but you may want to check it out.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Is that storage box made of steel? You may want to see if it is magnetic. If the storage box is magnetic your watches will pick up the magnetism. I used to store my watches in a gun safe but had to switch them to a wooden chest because they all got magnetized. Sorry to say but you may want to check it out.
Yes. It is steel. About 31 kgs (approx 68 lbs) of steel!
Thank you very much for this advise. I was so silly not to think about magnetism.
It is indeed magnetic, but not enough to hold shavings from a drill.
I will buy a watch demagnetizer...
Painting continues.
Black Audio equipment Wheel Gadget Output device

Before, ready to paint, and after.
Office equipment Wood Office supplies Gas Font

·
Registered
341 Posts
Wow. What a fantastic storage!!!! What is the capacity?
Storage varies as to how you arrange the watches.
Each drawer is about 21.5cm (8.5") x 54cm (21"). If it was a bit wider I'd be able to have the watch bands spread out flat, but it is just too narrow.
So with the watches arranged as above - 14 per drawer.
Just movements by themselves could be about 5 wide by 11 deep (55).
There are 6 drawers.
Doing the maths...
14 x 6 = 84
55 x 6 = 330
I guess the answer depends on how many you can pack in there.:)

Now that I have just worked out I can have 330, I think I'll have to post on the "Confessions" thread. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,324 Posts
I told myself the only other Vostok I'd buy for the remainder of the year would be another 1967 titanium but I convinced myself I needed a 24hr Amphibian (even though I have a 24hr Komandirskie). Looks like it's sold out again, but there are still black dial versions as of this morning. I'll be changing the case to something a little larger.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Yeah, I think it's the titanium version, the case is clearly much wider than the bezel:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Received one of my grails a couple days ago, 2nd Generation NVCh-30 with its storage container.

Needs to be cleaned and I’ll have to decide what I want to do with that minute hand, maybe professional restoration. Missing lume drives me crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1781 - 1800 of 1887 Posts